• 2 weeks later...

paxo stuffed hearts,mashed potatoe thyme and onion,theres sausage stuffing or breadcrumbs stuffing.when doing any of these,wrap them in tinfoil and bake them in the oven for 2 hrs roughly.

Edited by jigsaw
  • Like 1
What's the texture of heart like? Is it anything like kidney ....?

Brewza; Heart meat is cool, mate! Believe it or not, the heart being a Muscle, and the kidney being an Organ, the texture is completely different.

I've never actually eaten lambs heart. I certainly have cows. Look to heart as the leanest steak you'll ever get. It's best eaten in thin slices. Actually tastes a lot 'Beefier' than most beef. Does lambs heart taste lambier ....? F**k knows.

Mint sauce ....? icon_neutral_zpsf88c927b.gif

• Like 3

I haven't had these in years. I know my mum used to cook them regular but i'm not sure if my wife (of 35 years) has done them!. My brother in-law is an old style "High street" butcher and not a supermarket one and every Friday he messages my wife with "what meat?", because we get him his motorsport magazines and he gives us some meat in exchange (he own's the shop). The way we used to have them was. The major fat and veins were cut off, then the hearts were stuffed with "Paxo" because mum would never try anything new. Then they were cooked in like a stew, long and slow mmmmmm my mouth is watering just thinking about them.

• Like 1

I don't know why more people don't eat hearts. Tasty meat at a wallet friendly price. They think eating lambs heart is 'icky' but happily tuck into a Tesco value burger :icon_eek: God knows whats in those :bad:

Neigh neigh and thrice neigh...........

TC

• Like 2

I don't know why more people don't eat hearts. Tasty meat at a wallet friendly price. They think eating lambs heart is 'icky' but happily tuck into a Tesco value burger :icon_eek: God knows whats in those :bad:

Neigh neigh and thrice neigh...........

TC

lol :laugh: