Looking For A New Pcp Any Idea's Appreciated..............

Im looking for a new pcp, my last was the dreaded gunpower stealth in .22 but got it converted to .20 flavour and a regulated buddy to suit this cal otherwise using a .22 buddy valve would push the power way beyond 12ftlb's.

These guns are like marmite you either love them or hate them but my one was'nt a friday afternoon job it was very reliable only letting me down once due to a faulty valve but quickly sorted by jeff at gunpower, they say the service was bad but i rang jeff and got it to him for a quick turn around on every occasion and just like the fact you could change the barrel to .177, .20 and .22 without having to splash ot on a new gun in every calibre.

It was only single shot and did fumble around at times for a quick reload when it was needed but all in all a good lightweight take down gun, quiet, lots of machined parts available for mods and fitted with a red or green laser too told you exactly where to shoot every time for that clinical shot and they carried enough wind for 400 to 500 shots, what gun does that ? Say what you will about them but it always brought home the bacon with ease, just a shame the idea for a 10 shot magazine never came about.

I been looking at the air arms s410 tdr as its also take down so rucksackable which is a must as i bike to my permissions, but only available in .177 and .22 so if i buy one and didnt like then its another £600 for another in diff calibre which i cant do, and 40 shots per fill ..... i feel that i would pedal all the way to my site with new gun then use the best part of those shots to zero and fine tune etc then pedal all the way back to re fill ......i dont think i would feel like going back a 2nd time, but the take down ability sounds great as every time i set off with a normal length rifle in its slip i got pulled by old bill almost 9 out of 10 times which gets very boring and frustrating having to stop show them the gun and my written permission, insurance ect which was all good in the end but i lost count of the times it happened as well as the time lost trying to get to shoot at first light for awaking woodies etc and getting there in full daylight got very annoying lol.....

Why cant they just make a gun you can just spend £40 or £50 quid on each calibre barrel and screw on.......

Any idea's much welcomed,

Deano

post-36249-0-19130900-1367187047.jpg

What's your budget:D? Hw100 always a good choice, daystate, but they are big guns, the new BSA ultra is good, compact and lightweight, the Brocock contour is also a small light compact gun, they even do a rectangle bag which makes it look like snooker cues, but knowing your budget is the main thing

What's your budget:D? Hw100 always a good choice, daystate, but they are big guns, the new BSA ultra is good, compact and lightweight, the Brocock contour is also a small light compact gun, they even do a rectangle bag which makes it look like snooker cues, but knowing your budget is the main thing

My budget is about £600 to £700

i'd go for something with the larger cylinder tbh..as nice as a pcp is things like 30-45 shot ones are just a ball ache to keep refilling...yu just cant get yu stuff flowing right with all the interuptions..

400cc is like 300 plus shot reged and tuned..i'm talking a full squirrel chaise afternoon of shots to the point you have to lay down on the ground from the kneck ache lol.

R10, they do them in a few different stocks now aswell, hw100 is heavy the kt or ks get about 70 shots, but for that money and if your wanting a load ov shots per fill, has to be a R10, sumert like 200 shots per fill, maybe more,

R10, they do them in a few different stocks now aswell, hw100 is heavy the kt or ks get about 70 shots, but for that money and if your wanting a load ov shots per fill, has to be a R10, sumert like 200 shots per fill, maybe more,

agreed, how many shots? whats the plan...the second you hit on a flyer on a shoot you'll wish for two things, first 'oh ffs not back to the car to fill up again' and..ooo multi shots are really good ..

so..what's the plan?..

with that..i'm fecked and its bed time...pcp multi with a big rsed bottle for me lol. in .177....but you'll not know your preference if you never try.

OR... how about you buy a second hand S410 TDR for circa £400 - £500 then have it regged, 80 + shots in .22, 70 in .177! I know you can get a verminator and couple of others in the price range you mention, like a Fast Fire 10, but for performance, reliability, spare parts and design, I'd go with AA and with a decent regulator fitted, the same shot count (ish) and consistency as an HW100k.

Job done!!

The R10 is about the same weight as a HW100KT KS. You get about 180 shots from a R10 and about 85 on a HW 100KT in .22 ,more than you need for hunting .

If you want more shots from a HW K you can fit A&M cylinder which will give you about 110-120 shots and all so make the HW lighter .

Edited by villaman

I'm soon hoping to also get another set of wheels too, I been told by many to get another stealth, the thought has crossed my mind but all the bad reviews puts me off a bit even though I have owned 2 without any major problems like i see suggested in certain reviews etc.

The first one I owned I had for years and it never let me down once, then the second only failed on one occasion with a faulty valve which I had replaced by gunpower with a quick turn around considering how busy they were, I do miss the last one i converted to .20 cal ( which was a fully regretted sale just a day or 2 after ) as it was very accurate getting all pellets in a modern 5 pence piece circle at a 30 yrd zero and beyond with jsb exacts i believe they were.

I know there has been some very bad reviews about them but the later ones to present with a fully regulated valve system will never allow the gun to exceed 12 ft lbs as the older ones use to so i am told by a turn or 2 of the valve head but the new ones definitely don't as I tested mine by turning the top hat shaped valve head a few turns up the thread and nothing changed power wise at all just same fps and very consistent with it through the chrono.

I will take my time to check out a fair few other makes before making my choice,

Cheers,

Deano

Edited by deanothehunter

The R10 is about the same weight as a HW100KT KS. You get about 180 shots from a R10 and about 85 on a HW 100KT in .22 ,more than you need for hunting .

If you want more shots from a HW K you can fit A&M cylinder which will give you about 110-120 shots and all so make the HW lighter .

villaman where would I get the A&M cylinder and how much

villaman where would I get the A&M cylinder and how much

http://www.amcustomgunsmiths.com/ or marksman from the forum