Bsa Scorpion Does It Again

My 177 BSA Scorpion is ridiculously accurate with JSB Exact heavies off the bipod -the rowan engineering trigger is great, highly recommend to all scorpion and ultra users out there.

Had a target session on my permission yesterday afternoon. Sun was out, although so was the odd rain cloud so had a few passing showers. There was a breeze but these jsb 10.34gr heavies stood up to it well - only required a marginal adjustment for the wind. Checked my zero and off I went.

Two shots - two rabbits. The bigger one was in long grass and it took some careful stalking to get to 49 yards. Ranged it, gave a little sqeak to get it to sit up - one mildot holdover and squeezed the trigger. Heard the whack of the jsb and down it went, hit just next to the ear, perfect clean shot.

The small rabbit was taken on the way back to the car, only at around 18 yards or so, hit smack in the back of the head. Not much meat on it but my aim is to gradually reduce the numbers rabbits as the landowner is plagued with them at the moment.

All in all a nice few hours shooting.

post-35560-0-93669400-1367160217.jpg

Good shooting. I see you have a tench regulator how many shots do you get? I have the scorpion 177 single shot and Im thinking about geting a reg at some point.

Last time I checked - 82 shots from a 200 bar fill. Had it serviced since then though but I'd expect it to be around that anyway. So 8 mags - plenty enough for target work and then hunting. I'd recommend it. Plus the consistency is great - I've been doing some testing tonight results have been impressive. With JSB heavies - Average variation 2-3fps, max spread 7fps.

I brought the power down a tad this evening as well. JSB heavies are the most accurate pellet and most powerful I've found so to be on the safe side I brought it down to 11.6 = 711fps av reading over multiple ten shot strings. Shouldn't notice any real affect on trajectory within 60 yards. I know it shoots low 11 fpe with all other heavies such a biz mags, crosman premiers as well as standards like hn ftts, aa fields, rws superdomes. Some pellets like the daystate LIs shoot high 10s so I'm pretty sure by setting it to 11.6 with these jsb heavies it will remain on the safe side of the law.

Edited by danco1987

Good shooting. I see you have a tench regulator how many shots do you get? I have the scorpion 177 single shot and Im thinking about geting a reg at some point.

Last time I checked - 82 shots from a 200 bar fill. Had it serviced since then though but I'd expect it to be around that anyway. So 8 mags - plenty enough for target work and then hunting.

82 shots sounds good. my rifle gives me ample shots in the sweet spot for hunting but having to keep charging it when Im practising annoys me.