Permission Letter

hi there i have just past my driving test 2 month ago and never had permission as i had to walk to go hunting but naw i wood like to try and get some land to hunt on i was looking for some ponters on the best way to go about this i have asked for permissin befor but it's like they don't even won't to talk to you haw do you ask for there permission if the won't give you time of day

any way if some one will put a permission letter on so i can see what i need to put in them and any tips on getteing permission that wood be good thanks

just get out and ask farmers dress smart and be polite even when they say no to you you will get loads of farmers saying no to you but just keep at it you'll get some permission soon i was out a couple of months ago asking i spent all day asking i must have been to 20+ farms and i only ended up getting one farm that said yes. always tell them when your asking for permission that you will respect there land and livestock. i would have put you a copy of one of my permission letters up but i cant upload it on to my smart tv to put it on here for you. try doing a sesrch on here for permission letters i think theres some posts with some on somewhere on here atb with getting some permission :thumbs:

I needed some permission of my own so eventually got out and gave it a try, picked a suitable area and went for it!

Drove into first yard spoke to the farmer on a machine, told who I was and what I was after, bingo got it with no hassle first time, couldn't believe my luck!

Down the lane stopped another farmer in his pickup, but he thought about it said he already had a couple of lads, thanked him anyway and drove to another farm, knocked same conversation and walked away happy, two out of three, so easy but I had put it off for ages.

I had always fancied getting permission on a big farm near home so with my run of luck I went there after work one afternoon( in my work clothes)and was accepted once again.

I was just polite and asked for permission to go on their land with a brief introduction of myself and found that approach worked, it wasn't hard at all just took a little bit of courage?

• Like 1

Got meself another permission yesterday while out walking the dog. Mrs got talking to a lady with a couple of pure beddies, one thing lead to another and were soon chatting as good friends, then she mentions that she has a few horses. Quick thinking I ask if she had problem with rabbits, "hundreds" she replies. Well, turns out she has 13 acres of paddocks on the outskirts of the local town and a couple of small paddocks a few miles away. Happy days once I start out there.

Be properly dressed, polite and courteous. One other thing I'd mention (because I hate it) is don't call a stranger "mate" - if you can find out the farmer's name beforehand, so much the better !

good advice mate.... :D:thumbs:

• Like 1

Be properly dressed, polite and courteous. One other thing I'd mention (because I hate it) is don't call a stranger "mate" - if you can find out the farmer's name beforehand, so much the better !

:D

I said don't call..........never mind , buddy ! :thumbs:

• Like 1

:laugh::thumbs:

:laugh::thumbs:

:laugh:

hi there i have just past my driving test 2 month ago and never had permission as i had to walk to go hunting but naw i wood like to try and get some land to hunt on i was looking for some ponters on the best way to go about this i have asked for permissin befor but it's like they don't even won't to talk to you haw do you ask for there permission if the won't give you time of day

any way if some one will put a permission letter on so i can see what i need to put in them and any tips on getteing permission that wood be good thanks

I of give permission to bigoy19706 of to control vermin on my land

signed

witnessed thats all i used for fac i got them typed out all they had to do was add there name address and sign

Perhaps we should mention what happens after you've got permission.

Always respect any restrictions or conditions the land owner puts on you, but I think it's most important to do a good job - turn up when you 're supposed to, remove carcasses, and so on - in short, show him some proof that it's been worthwhile having you there.

Remember you are basically asking for permission to walk around someone's back garden with a loaded gun !

Good luck !!

Edited by Blackbriar