Bowie Knives, How Much ?

Was in an antiques shop today and looking at some knives, seen a Bowie , it had ORIGINAL BOWIE KNIFE stamped onto / in the metal of the blade, and it had a leather sheath with a picture of a stag on it, was a lovely knife and sort of regret not grabbing it now Im home lol.

ANYWAYS - It was Priced at £55 but the bloke said I could have it for £50 , what sort of price would you be looking for one of these knives ??

Cheers

Was in an antiques shop today and looking at some knives, seen a Bowie , it had ORIGINAL BOWIE KNIFE stamped onto / in the metal of the blade, and it had a leather sheath with a picture of a stag on it, was a lovely knife and sort of regret not grabbing it now Im home lol.

ANYWAYS - It was Priced at £55 but the bloke said I could have it for £50 , what sort of price would you be looking for one of these knives ??

Cheers

like this one :hmm:

post-896-0-70549400-1367074410.jpg

post-896-0-85941300-1367074411.jpg

post-896-0-59538100-1367074414_thumb.jpg

Ai quite similar pal, dont think the handle was like that though more smooth , but the sheath was nice n all, similar to that one but stained dark with a red deer stag raised up like a picture, I'll be back up that way next month so might pop in n see if its still there

how do you tell if you got a good un ?

It doesn't have " Original Bowie Knife " stamped on it ;)

Those things were all over the place, even twenty years ago. I imagine the 'new' anti knife laws saw the back of them. But, yes; I had one. Not a bad feel to them, actually.

Considering their price then? I suppose that fifty quid isn't really taking the piss today. It's simply down to whether you want it badly enough ~ considering it'd be purely ornamental.

how do you tell if you got a good un ?

It doesn't have " Original Bowie Knife " stamped on it ;)

Those things were all over the place, even twenty years ago. I imagine the 'new' anti knife laws saw the back of them. But, yes; I had one. Not a bad feel to them, actually.

Considering their price then? I suppose that fifty quid isn't really taking the piss today. It's simply down to whether you want it badly enough ~ considering it'd be purely ornamental.

There a total no go when out hunting then isit pal ? ... wouldnt that count as reasonably cause for having a knife ? especially if out stalking deer with rifle ?

Up to you, mate. I guess, if you're away up on the hill and can demonstrate a sure fire need to butcher and chop legs off ....?

I always remember when they pulled that newspaper delivery man for the Stanley knife in the side pocket of his front door. There to cut the strings on the bundles of papers.

Not only did the Police charge him. The f**king court did him!!! :icon_eek:

Now, obviously, I'm in no position to advise you on the legality, or otherwise, of 'carrying' such a blade. If you feel you can stand before a beak and prove you have a reason to? Fair play. Pay your money and take your choice :good:

The sheath was like this one pictured with a stag on but better condition and was stained a dark brown not black, picture is very similar if not identical though

img6192u.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

the company that made the knife that is next to that sheath made copies of all sorts of knives back in the late 70`s early 80`s i had an ss youth dager with the exact same handle but a different style blade, it also came in a metal lined sheath :thumbs:

The sheath was like this one pictured with a stag on but better condition and was stained a dark brown not black, picture is very similar if not identical though

img6192u.jpg

the company that made the knife that is next to that sheath made copies of all sorts of knives back in the late 70`s early 80`s i had an ss youth dager with the exact same handle but a different style blade, it also came in a metal lined sheath :thumbs:

An SS youth dagger,now the pieces are falling into place!

img6192u.jpg

reincarnation is possible or so im told :laugh: although austrians eat carp and i hate fish :laugh: :laugh:

img6192u.jpg

reincarnation is possible or so im told :laugh: although austrians eat carp and i hate fish :laugh: :laugh:

I only had a blunt plastic handled pocket knife in my youth,thats why i now own big hairy arsed lurchers to do my dirty deeds,i was a closet Hitler youth without the required armaments,the sense and feeling of inadequacy are still with me now.