Guest long-tail

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

if thats the case and you have tried all them things then something else is going on get your computer turned off and get down the vets

More going on with that dog than just grub, a vet is what it needs, should never be allowed to get in that condition

tripe, beef mince, brown bread, melt some lard blocks down and pour the warm fat over it

Its underweight in the 2nd pic it has nothing on its back no covering on its ribcage and looks weak between the shoulders plus the coat is dull i would put more fat into the diet add something extra to bulk it up

two different pics,its the second bitch im on about,more fat in the diet to bulk her out.........suggestions please :thumbs:

Either get a complete food that is at least 25% protein and 16% fat: this is listed on the side of the bag of dog food, OR, get some breast of lamb (ribs and flaps). Feed her twice a day: two smaller meals are better than one big meal. She needs protein (meat or meat based complete food) to put on muscle, and extra calories (fat/carbohydrate) to bulk up properly. Also, when was she last wormed and with what wormer?

both bitches last wormed month ago,tables off a well known member on here,your listing food stuffs she been getting from day one first year she looked good this year seems to have gone down hill

To get a complete picture of her diet up to now, what brand of wormer did you use and what complete are you using. A wormed dog with a decent complete diet would not be like that without an underlying problem and that could be anything so I would take her to the vets. Also do you use anything for external parasites? Dogs can run lean as we all know but she lacked body and coat condition, she may not be matabalising properly. I am not trying to be a pain in the butt, but these are the type of questions that the RSPCA will ask.Take her to the vets now, the rules are simple, you have to act before the dog starts to suffer. Not lecturing you , i am just trying to do you and your dog a favour :thumbs:

dog in the photo looks fine dont listen to half the idiots here.tell the rspca man to fock of your property when he calls back thats what the threads about their a chariy remind him of that as you fock him of :thumbs:

The dog in the pic is not the one mate.

• Like 1
Guest long-tail

Its underweight in the 2nd pic it has nothing on its back no covering on its ribcage and looks weak between the shoulders plus the coat is dull i would put more fat into the diet add something extra to bulk it up

two different pics,its the second bitch im on about,more fat in the diet to bulk her out.........suggestions please :thumbs:

Either get a complete food that is at least 25% protein and 16% fat: this is listed on the side of the bag of dog food, OR, get some breast of lamb (ribs and flaps). Feed her twice a day: two smaller meals are better than one big meal. She needs protein (meat or meat based complete food) to put on muscle, and extra calories (fat/carbohydrate) to bulk up properly. Also, when was she last wormed and with what wormer?

both bitches last wormed month ago,tables off a well known member on here,your listing food stuffs she been getting from day one first year she looked good this year seems to have gone down hill

To get a complete picture of her diet up to now, what brand of wormer did you use and what complete are you using. A wormed dog with a decent complete diet would not be like that without an underlying problem and that could be anything so I would take her to the vets. Also do you use anything for external parasites? Dogs can run lean as we all know but she lacked body and coat condition, she may not be matabalising properly. I am not trying to be a pain in the butt, but these are the type of questions that the RSPCA will ask.Take her to the vets now, the rules are simple, you have to act before the dog starts to suffer. Not lecturing you , i am just trying to do you and your dog a favour :thumbs:

dont think yiur lecturing me for one minute cheers

Edited by long-tail
Guest long-tail

Looks like the other bitch is eating all the food,do you feed them together,and do you watch them eat,I've seen one of my dogs dominated at feeding times,by the younger dog,dogs can be very jealous where food is concerned

fed seperate kennelled seperate cheers

Guest long-tail

Have you been feeding them the same amount ?

of course not cheers

All right then, have you been giving as much as it can possibly eat?

no in truth she probably eat 5ib meat if i let her if not more although obviously dont know for sure

the type of question the rspca will ask :censored: theia a charity and you dont need to answer anything put the dog round your mates till it fattens up if these scum call back to your door start a rigmarole get them to get the police dont speak a word to them :thumbs:

Yes - she could - I didn't see a point in commenting further than checking feed, as none of us know the exact conditions etc. If you feel you have fed more than she needs, and she has still lost weight, then a trip to the vets is a good plan. I'm not lecturing, or judging - just saying :thumbs:

of course not cheers

no in truth she probably eat 5ib meat if i let her if not more although obviously dont know for sure

That could be your problem then, I'm sure you know some dogs need a lot more food than others, I wouldn't worry about a dog that is thin that would eat more, I'd just keep feeding more until it would eat no more ,if still thin then vets!

Guest long-tail

of course not cheers

That could be your problem then, I'm sure you know some dogs need a lot more food than others, I wouldn't worry about a dog that is thin that would eat more, I'd just keep feeding more until it would eat no more ,if still thin then vets!

no problem cheers