Another One Bites The Dust...

Now then lads,

Just been down to the wooded bit of my permission where i sit to plink and also hunt, to chrono the hw97kt again to see where its at these days..

On the way past the farm buildings i had a look to see if there was any pigeons about, but none today.. walking along just got to the first field and there was a crow about 50 yards, but not feeling confident, and not wanting to upset the cows in the barn right next to me i left it to.

10 yards further down the track after climbing through the gate i saw another in the field about 45 yards .. 5 yards away to the edge of the wall where a nice rested shot presented itself. about 40 yards then 1 mil holdover looking through the scope the crow must have seen the glint as it turned round and stood looking worried and alert to danger it was observing its surroundings.. before it had chance to fly off i lined up the shot and hit it straight in the eye. game over. all the other crows went mental and within 30 secs about 50 crows had came out of nowhere! none of them landed for a another oppertunity so i grabbed the crow and went to chrono the gun and plink for a while before calling it a day and heading home, after the woods being deserted of vermin.. just the little songbirds singing away in the sunshine.

20130420_124221_zps08fa3730.jpg

good couple of hours thanks for reading

SKoT

Edited by Skot Ruthless Teale
  • Like 2

Cheers lads :D

its a great gun and i like how it looks some say there ugly but i have to disagree!

mac what can i say mate,apart from LOL!! ;)

im after a new permission, waiting for a new owner to buy the land then im going to ask.. if i get it its a massive magpie and woody roost should be able to get loads. keeping my fingers crossed :)

SKoT

• Like 1

nice shooting mate, - is 177 your prefered calibre ?

atb

Thanks mate :)

well.. it has been for the last year since ive used it... but im going to take my .22 97k out in a min and have a plink with it to see how it compares to the .177. i want a pcp just for hunting so il probably get it in .22

used .22 for about 10 years and never gave .177 a look in. but now i duno lol

decisions decisions.... lol

Cheers SKoT