Weaning Pups

I always start weaning mine around 21/2 - 3 weeks old, i start them off on raw mince, if you are feeding complete, i start them at same age only soak puppy food overnight and mash up , by around 31/2 - 4 weeks they are usually nibbling at dry complete puppy food, tis easier to wean them with the raw i find

• Like 3

I always start weaning mine around 21/2 - 3 weeks old, i start them off on raw mince, if you are feeding complete, i start them at same age only soak puppy food overnight and mash up , by around 31/2 - 4 weeks they are usually nibbling at dry complete puppy food, tis easier to wean them with the raw i find

spot on :thumbs:

Raw mince, tiny amount mashed up... 2-3wks as soon as their eyes start to open, scrambled egg is another good one... Bit of turkey mince as well... 3-4wks soaked puppy biscuit as well as mince. Keep a close eye on all pups to make sure they all get their fair share... Good book to borrow or buy (preferably buy as it is a very usefull book to have) is the book of the bitch...

Its the closest thing to a dog breeders bible as you can get :thumbs:

• Like 2

As soon as their eyes are open we start them off with baby food using a spoon, then progress onto Iams puppy complete soaked over night, by 4 weeks old there on chicken wings aswell.

Good luck with them