Shotgun Problem

i bought a peddretti o/u about 6 weeks ago i bought it for 350 euros standard single trigger with ejecter inanyways ive been out a few times with it and lets say i take the 2 shots well then i go to take the second i can only discharge the 1 it jams this is happening a few times when out i said to the dealer will u take the gun back im not happy with it i already brought it back before when it happend as im new to shooting i didnt want to mess with it he said its grand i said ok i was on the phone last night to him he said the gun is grand and he will not buy the gun back off me im now landed with a gun that keeps jamming every 2nd or 3rd shot wat could b the problem with it tanxs

or it could be that your not releasing the trigger properly between shots, sounds to simple to be the case i know but it happens. The dealer sounds a bit dodgy too.

this is a very good point, and a common fault with new shooters,I had the same problem in the mid 80's when changing from double trigger to single trigger, I would also take heed of what sporting shooter said about giving it a good service, but I would make the dealer do it as a fault,remember you have rights don't let him fob you off, be firm

its a single trigger and thats an idea i wont take it apart ill get him to do it hes about 80 i say hes a nice bloke i bought my first gun off him this is my second 1 i upgraded hes very fair with prices compared to most place but i do feel i was done ill get the pins checked in it when u say between shots wat do u mean is it im not taking them quick enough tanxs lad s

Put some snap caps in it and see if it still does it. First try it by pulling the trigger twice, with a lay between each pull. Then try it again, but pull the trigger once, then give the gun a good bang on the butt plate and then pull the trigger again. If it fails to work under the first method, I would suggest bent firing pins. If it fails to work under the second method, the inertia block is not switching from one barrel from the next. In this case, a good clean of the action is your first step. Hope that helps.

Ps if you have no snap caps, but want to try it anyway, use a couple of empty cases instead.

Put some snap caps in it and see if it still does it. First try it by pulling the trigger twice, with a lay between each pull. Then try it again, but pull the trigger once, then give the gun a good bang on the butt plate and then pull the trigger again. If it fails to work under the first method, I would suggest bent firing pins. If it fails to work under the second method, the inertia block is not switching from one barrel from the next. In this case, a good clean of the action is your first step. Hope that helps.

Ps if you have no snap caps, but want to try it anyway, use a couple of empty cases instead.

You do have to give it a reasonable bump on the end of the stock to simulate recoil so the second barrel will fire

You do have to give it a reasonable bump on the end of the stock to simulate recoil so the second barrel will fire

Your are right, need to bounce it butt first on the ground from around six inches - ish

• Like 1