Nissan Terrano 2, Info

don't know if the questions been asked.........

but whats peoples opinions on the Nissan terrano, regarding reliability, off road ability, and fuel economy????

any info appreciated,

cheers,

jay. :thumbs:

very good car, 30mpg and if its a bosh fuel pump they willl take veg oil. the engine is same a london taxi and often have 180k+ on the clocks... there ok off road depending what you want, never going to be ideal for trialing but with a good set of tyres there not bad... got to look hard for rot before you buy.. they suffer tin worm. i have 3 friends with them and they all like there motors.

good thing is there cheep right now

there is a mil light on the dash board, this flashes a set number of times to tell you any falts but you need to activate it. pm me a email adress and ill forward the instructions to you. i cant cut/paste i have tried (only got it for 2.7)

thanks very much for replies, I could well be considering getting one, in near future, as i'm about to change the car, reason I asked is.......I was talking to someone on the weekend who has one of these, and he rated his highly,

all the best,

jay. :thumbs:

I went for the 3.0Di engine and have to say its a good runner (touch wood) MPG is about the same as my previous 2.7, but I do a lot of towing, which is where the 3.0DI engine really makes the difference. Overall I would have to say the 2.7 is the better as you can get the engine parts from most places as its a common engine.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the tread hijack Jay :whistling:

I'm also looking at a Terrano/Maverick 2.7TDi since stupidly bought a Impreza last year thinking it would be cheaper to run than a 4x4 and at 18Mpg or less its killing me in petrol and other maintenance. I want something reliable with ground clearance but economical to run as a everyday car but big enough for gun cases.

Is the 28/30 Mpg a true reading since thought it would be less since heard Pajero owners only getting 18/20mpg from there similar sized 2.8 engines?

Also been told the swb one rust more than lwb for some reason. Is that true since prefer the look of swb?

Edited by IanS

dunno ian, a mate of mine rushed in and bought a 10 yr old one and it shouldnt of passed it mot... a lwb and under rear seats dont know what was holding seats up, rear archs, sills..... me personally would have scrapped it.... hes not getting 20 mpg but then smokes real bad..... i guess hes just got a bad un .... put me of them though when i saw just how bad his is

I'm am a bit concerned about rust but I find most other SWB 4x4 are too small for gun case and people and the LWB are too big. Did look at a lwb Rav 4 today and that was only about the size of my impreza wagon in length but only petrol.