Lens For Long Range Wildlife..?

Ok, ive got a Nikon 3100, its a decent camera, ut the lens that came with it is pretty short range. I mainly take scenery and wildlife pics, so a good bit of zoom is essential.

I think most nikon lens's will fit to this camera, anyone recomend a good lens with long range?

Cheers

DnN

af-s or af-i cpu lenses are the best suited to your camera i think DnN. I had the nikon D3000. and got some distance pics with the tamron 70-300. but to be honest its a catch 22. as to get good clear distance shots i struggled to get enough light. and got camera shake so iv now invested in a new camera and tripod. but my funds wont stretch to a good distance lens :cray: so i will have to be patient. and will be interested in any info on this subject.

• Like 1

hallo the lens which is good for your self is a SIGMA 600mm MIRROR LENS with nikon fit this lens is compact with large diameter these can be seen on EBAY under photograph categary

IMO....and it's only IMO the mirrors are a BIG waste of money...

It all boils down to price, what you can afford to spend, how important is it to get quality images?. I've had the lot of the Sigma's and I'm here to tell you that they are leagues below Canon and Nikon lenses.

Facts are, you get what you pay for. that just about sums the whole lens thing up 'cos there sure as hell ain't no short cuts or a cheap way to consistantly getting top class piccys....IMO.....JD

• Like 2

I use Nikon and have also been down the sigma route...I have now seen the light and will only buy Nikon lenses .buy an older second hand lens if funds are short.

I have a 300mm f4 ed lens and that is brilliant...old, heavy and built like a tank but takes fantastic sharp images.

• Like 1