More Messing About

well I woke this morn and groaned at the thought of the day it was,had 1 look at herself and said''fuk this im outa here''...Got the gun,the dog and the gear on cause it was freezing,off I went into the wildside.pulled up at the yard and no one about so I headed out into the hills.I made a mental note not to shoot anything today.Just walk.I have a freezer full of dog food,no need to drag the guts out of myself on my BIRTHDAY(for all those who never sent me prezzies) :laugh: ,Away with me,freezing cold wind blowing in my face,snots runing down the nostrils,watery eyes(yes i am really 50,its showing allready).I was doing great when I heard the plaintiff bleat of the herd.....and the dog heard it too.She stoped, looked up at me as if to say,''WELL COME ON,LOAD THE FIRKIN GUN UP''.I reminded myself,NO SHOOTING TODAY,LIVE AND LET LIVE POLICY TODAY. So I thought id just take a peek,just a little observation,so I gingerly climbed to the top of the ridge and there in front of me were 3 dozen nannys and a small few billys and a hoard of kid goats too.My eyes lit up,I felt the urge,i resisted so well,I heard a voice in my head,''USE THE FORCE LIAM.........USEEE THEEE FORCEEEE!!!! Its then I lost the plot,FUK THE FORCE i SCREAMED OUT LOUD,FUKKKK THEEE FORCEEE. I swung the gun from my shoulder and in an instant droped a fine billy and took aim at the runing herd and droped another of unknown sex.Then when I came too,I hung my head in shame.I reminded myself of my vow,live and let live,what aweak person I am.......but I thought FUK IT,ITS MY BIRTHDAY,I CAN DO WHAT I WANT TODAY :D.when I arrived at the farm Willy was working with the cattle,and after an initial chat,he informed me he had something in the byre for me.I thought,'HOW THE FUK DOES HE KNOW ITS MY BIRTHDAY''.........he opened the door and there in front of me was a tiny little kid goat,no more than 3 days old.Willy came out into the yard the night before and saw the herd raping his sweet grass and ran in to the house,got his gun and shot a white goat at very close proximity,after he had checked it,he found this little lad standing close to its mother and he decided there and then he'd keep it for me...........decent man that he is :yes: .And i thought he had a big oul surprise for me(well he had i suppose)Off home I headed and thankfully after a phone call my mate took the little blighter off my hands and is now being bottle fed and has a permanent home.heres a few photos of an action packed day.......(NO NOT REALLY)

DSCF3816_zps457c01da.jpg

DSCF3810_zps6dcbe90f.jpg

IMG_5143_zpsddc04df3.jpg

IMG_5137_zps963745fb.jpg

IMG_5136_zpsbd086bba.jpg

IMG_5133_zps5aaf63bf.jpg

• Like 2

not those manky buggers Borderscot,in the last week of may I'll cull 5 kids for the freezer for my own consumption,that'll be it then for the summer.I need to give the poor basterds a break.

I was a little apprehensive about reading the end of that - thinking about kid-pie .... but glad you had a good day :thumbs:

awww lara,i wouldnt have the heart to hurt such a cutie,lol.im alaways happy when im out fekin about.

I was a little apprehensive about reading the end of that - thinking about kid-pie .... but glad you had a good day :thumbs:

awww lara,i wouldnt have the heart to hurt such a cutie,lol.im alaways happy when im out fekin about.

Good to hear. I'm pleased you had a good day, and hope it continues :-)