Buy New Or Secondhand

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right i have my mind up ! I will be buying a new one .22 of course thanks for all the great advice guys appreciate it !   regards william

Shoulder both stocks and see if you like the thumbhole stock! It's personal choice I'm afraid. It's what ever feels more comfy! Everyone is different. Personally I'm now a big fan of hw thumbhole stoc

I've bought used guns almost exclusively, with the idea that they may need a tune or similar after buying, I check chrono results and always prefer face to face. the idea being that if you buy used an

I buy new for warranty reasons, also I know the history of the gun and know its not been abused. Not everyone's wallet can stretch to new so if you take the risk of second hand you'll need a bit of luck the rifle is ok. It might take me longer to save for a new rifle as I don't have alot of disposable income for gun rated stuff but would rather that than buy second hand.

If the gun was fore sale local and on the cheap side .I could then see gun and ask owner questions I would be tempted to buy second hand .If the gun is a 22 then I know the owner has a genuine reason for sale he knows he has made a mistake and is getting a 177.So if I want to ruff it with a 22 bargain .

i buy NEW anyday of the week mate, mainly for warrenty reasons also, plus its nice knowing the previous
owner didnt jus throw it about before selling it to me, everything i OWN is in AMAZIN cond, couldnt handle
avin something that wasnt amazing to look at and in feel, not saying all 2nd hand guns are ruined though.

ideally it'd be nice if the guy ur buying from was a friend of urself or the family, that'll mean MATES RATES
someone u can trust and everyone's a winner, good luck mate, im sure ur decision will be best for you! :)

have you got the cash for new? as stated above theres no comebacks bar sending it back etc.

need to get up an running this year? scope..tank, bag etc etc...sudenly S/H comes into being a definate posability. with it..its check the thing over before cash changes hands if posable.

edit,,is it going to a gun smith for tweeks and extras? s/h is definatly an option for that route. after all the warenty will be void as soon as.

Edited by ghillies

I buy new for warranty reasons, also I know the history of the gun and know its not been abused. Not everyone's wallet can stretch to new so if you take the risk of second hand you'll need a bit of luck the rifle is ok. It might take me longer to save for a new rifle as I don't have alot of disposable income for gun rated stuff but would rather that than buy second hand.

As above.

In actual fact i have recently bought a brand new 100s .177.

Only been out with it a couple of times due to the crap weather lately, but even so, what a quality machine. The accuracy is outstanding, as is the trigger, cocking mechanism, and basically the whole outfit. Makes me wonder why i didn't convert to .177 years ago,

John :yes:

I've owned 12-14 air rifles and air pistols over the last 5 years and I have only ever bought secondhand. Never owned a new air rifle believe it or not! I've bought in the UK, USA and Canada (all sub 12fpe) and all have been fine - arrived fine and shot great.

I've had most posted and collected one in UK.

I look at the sellers previous dealings, get them to supply as many close ups as possible and then it's all down whether it feels right and trust. As I said, I have not had any problems yet (touch wood). Some great bargains to be had on the secondhand market and guns which have been looked after too.

If you ever have any problems there's plenty of capable airgun tuners you can send it off to or drop it down to your local gunsmith. You should save more than enough off the new price to cover a repair if worse comes to worse. Annoying it would be but that's the risk you take with secondhand. Still I have no probably buying secondhand.