Came across these two on Youtube.One is a saluki/gsd and the other is a quarter gsd/greyhound.

I wonder if all saluki/gsd pups would throw this racy?

The slightly darker dog is the quarter cross.

Edited by jukel123

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

use to see alot of that cross years ago in the tinkers camps with the lab crosses seen to be making a come back with some of the boys good luck to you when you get your pups

This dog was bred locally, back in the day,..he killed most critters that he encountered...  

Posted Images

Has there been a book or a mmovie or something I have missed? Seems suddenly there is a fashion craze for gsd lurchers now. Anybody got 1 they are willing to show me work? Id like to see 1 in action

Take this for what its worth but I seen some shepherd type crosses when I was a boy that were rough as f**k. I dont mean a lil rough either. I mean down right horridly rough. Sayin that though I seen some coonhound crosses just as rough. Stay x intensity will make some rough sumbitches if it hits right.

• Like 1

Saluki blood does great job at lightening the frame of most lurchers or atleast in the ones I have seen

Yep. Its plain and simple. Coursing crosses will throw lighter than greyhound crosses. Reason why its a damn shame when the boys were breeding the good half crosses back in the day they didnt use hare killers instead of track dogs. You may have lost some intensity but the running ability would have been so much better. The smart guys are now crossing the coursing stuff on the gen half crosses and producing the best I've seen over yalls way.

• Like 1