Bi-Pod Info

hello there just wanted some info on bipods ive got a CZ 550 in .243 and was half thinking of getting a bipod but ive never actually had a good look at one on a rifle

just wanted to know are they easy detached and attached in th field

do they make the rifle hard to carry slung over your shoulder

also any advice on what to buy or is worth taking a look at??

any info greatfull

Thank you

Tom

Hi Tom

I have wasted a fortune on bipods, just get a Harris, get a swivel one and get the largest you may ever need. They take seconds to attach, but i never take mine off, they weigh ounces, and to be honest they re not even noticeable when fitted. on the rifle they make no difference when shooting off sticks. For the 243 get the 13 to 27 inch (if i remember the correct sizes) it is ideal for zeroing and also shooting sitting down, and everything in between. It suits my height when shooting off the landy bonnet. My little syndicate have found that the non swivel models throw the barrel an inch or two left or right if the scope is canted a inch or two left or right because the ground is uneven ( obvious relay) so get the swivel. 4 of us have messed about with various makes and models, in 22, 243 and 3006, and all fund the same, even in 22 a crap bipod is worse then not having one.

I have tried a number of makes and models , different sizes and the like and now both centre fires have harris 13 x 27 on and the 22 has the 7x13 on, both swivel. Many i have tried are close but not as good and just get the best once.

• Like 1

There are others on the market ........

I have seen the results from some.

I run 2 x Harris 9-13 and 12-25 BOTH Swivel. Be advised to get the swivel! :yes: They have had Years of use so far and both still going strong.

Frankly, cheaper doesn't add up whichever way you look at it, even if you don't get on with this shooting malarkey and want to sell up, used Harris trade quickly and easily at good money. :thumbs:

cheers lads specially DIVERD couldnt ask for more info/feedback

looks like il be off to go look at a harris must admit there the name that stood out to me but thats cause there everywhere so i spose that says it all really.

one more qustion tho you say for the centerfire get a 13 - 27 inch is that not a little high for shooting laying down??

Thanks again

Tom

cheers lads specially DIVERD couldnt ask for more info/feedback

looks like il be off to go look at a harris must admit there the name that stood out to me but thats cause there everywhere so i spose that says it all really.

one more qustion tho you say for the centerfire get a 13 - 27 inch is that not a little high for shooting laying down??

Thanks again

Tom

Yes it is for some, and I think its 13.5 as well (could be wrong), thats why I have the 12-25, that works prone as well, but in honesty the 13.5-27 may work better for sitting (for some people) so either or both depending on your build! :thumbs:

Edited by Deker

Sorry but stating "anything other than a Harris is a waste of money" is not true. I have a Deben lever tilt bipod and the quality is of an equal standard to Harris products.

I have a lever(tilt), knotched 9-13" bipod and it cost me £65 from Uttings. The Harris alternative is around the £100 mark. From somebody who has both, I can say there is no difference in quality, weight or ease of use. But this is of course my personal opinion.

Harris swivel. :thumbs: Anything else is a waste of money.

Have you had your mitts on a Atlas bipod??Glad i wasted my money on one ;)

Atlas are expensive in relation to Harris, there are plenty of even BETTER and MUCH more expensive bipods available for target (or whatever use you want to make of them)! Nothing wrong with Atlas except the price, and personally I see no advantage over a Harris with them, yeah, they are well made, but my Harris have had some use over the years and still work fine. :yes::thumbs:

Frankly, it is amazing the feats of engineering excellencee you see down the range, but some are totally impractical for the field!

Get what you like and use what you like, Harris does what I need and so I'm happy, others may have a different view!

:thumbs: