Well That Was An Eventful Hour!

Got bored so decided before it got dark I'd have a quick last walk with the dog!

First incident I climbed a wall with wire fence at the other side! Pip then followed me slipped on the snow landed on the blasted wire and cut her back leg! Nothing major but has lifted a flap of skin! So carried on through a few more fields all of sudden charged by a flock of sheep through a hedge! Pip my 7 month old whip/sal/grey stood at my side like a rock and we carried on past!

About 20 mins later I saw a car stop on the road on the horizon I recognised the shape of the car it was pc plods pathfinder! So I carried on my way when I got nearer he asked me to come over! He then asked me what I thought I was doing apparently walking the dog wasn't a believable answer! When I asked why and asked if he walked his dogs in that weather his reply was no its too cold for the dogs!!! :-/!

I carried on my way and got nearly home pip charging round in the snow ahead she the slowed up got her head down around some brambles! as she was bouncing from side to side I knew she had found something! But ( she would stop at a black bird! ) she then dived in to the brambles and out popped cony! within 10 yards she picked it up but got a poor grip and it invaded her grasp she the gave another strike but flipped both her and coney up! It was gettin very close to home she had one final chance and nailed it! She didn't retrieve but but pinned it to the floor until I got there to help her! Don't think she wanted to risk loosing it again!

Very pleased with her though

Pics show her bunny and her cut

post-76290-0-56871600-1363981379_thumb.jpg

post-76290-0-28395800-1363981400_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Barbed wire is a nightmare had a few terriers cut to bits with it,great story and well done to you and pip....and have been stopped a few times walking the dogs in all kinds of rain snow hail etc and your right they do look at you like :hmm: but they dogs need to go out regardless of conditions and it never seems to bother them even when we turning blue :icon_eek: but nice pic and good on ya

Sounds like a fun walk! Can never work that out though. When it's fine and dry you can't move for people walking dogs. As soon as the weather gets a bit shitty they all vanish! Do they all have special breeds that don't need at least a shit and a leg stretch in bad weather? :huh: