Talpa Mole Trap Problems

Hello Tom..try bridging just under the trigger. When you've dug out your run, get some soil and compact it in a mound just under the trigger width ways. Set your trap and push it into the tunnel till your bridge sets off the trap..reset lightley and place back in the tunnel..and crumble your soil in upto the springs..i get almost 100% catch rates like this.

Marty

Hello Tom..try bridging just under the trigger. When you've dug out your run, get some soil and compact it in a mound just under the trigger width ways. Set your trap and push it into the tunnel till your bridge sets off the trap..reset lightley and place back in the tunnel..and crumble your soil in upto the springs..i get almost 100% catch rates like this.

Marty

Not a bad tip ,for the boy LOL

Marty

Better still place your trap in the run, don't set it, open it and let it spring shut to make sure there's nothing impeding the jaws, stones, etc and it fires freely.

Place a small piece of mud below were the trigger will sit, so the trigger sits on top of it, position the trap and keep one finger on top of the trigger as you push it level onto the mud you have packed in the centre to prevent it firing.

Fill with soil.

Marty

Better still place your trap in the run, don't set it, open it and let it spring shut to make sure there's nothing impeding the jaws, stones, etc and it fires freely.

Place a small piece of mud below were the trigger will sit, so the trigger sits on top of it, position the trap and keep one finger on top of the trigger as you push it level onto the mud you have packed in the centre to prevent it from fiering

Fill with soil.

There you go..i couldnt have put it more simple myself.

Good luck Tom.

Atb

Marty

Edited by Probuk

" Bridging " under the trigger of the talpex trap, is definately advantagous to achieving success with it.I cant help but feel sometimes though,if the trigger is set too lightly (trigger pin just held in hole,and no more ! ) this is then responsible, for some failures.