Pcp Can You Use An Ordinary Divers Bottle Or Does It Have To Be One Addapted For Airguns

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

yes they work with all pcp

With them all holding a dangerous amount of pressure they need testing every so many year's before they can be filled..and that is regardless of weather they are used for diving or filling a pcp up..

By most accounts .20!!!!  

With them all holding a dangerous amount of pressure they need testing every so many year's before they can be filled..and that is regardless of weather they are used for diving or filling a pcp up..

• Like 1

i thought some divers bottles had to be properly tested for diving incase someone drowned or something like that..

'surface use only' bottles would be fine, and probably cheaper, to use on a pcp but not safe for diving...?

Here we go again. Surface use only has a gauge built in like this!

SurfaceValve_zps687a7451.jpg

Divers cylinders have no gauge. SImple to remember. To cover themselves, if a bottle has a diving valve, places that fill them will insist on the diving test cycle, a hydrostatic test every five years with a visual check two and a half years after the hydrostatic test!

You can get A clamp and DIN fittings for divers bottles so you can fill an air rifle!

whats the big 'hear we go again' in aid of?

i said nothing about the gauges and stuff did i?? or about how often they need testing..

i just sad 'surface only' bottle MIGHT be cheaper

Surface only is not cheaper! In fact a "dedicated" gun bottle is more expensive than a diving cylinder! Because the gauge is an integral part of the valve! This question gets asked very often and would have come up with a raft of answers if you had googled it. I put here we go again because I answer this question so much I have pictures of the various valve types on my pc so you can see the difference between the two! It was also supposed to be read as a bit of fun in the reply! Don't read too much into the here we go again bit!

mole it doesn't matter. If you buy a dive bottle, you will need to buy adapters, whips an a gauge, which if your lucky to het s.h cheap fairplay, all new will cost atleast 50 quid...so Ye, you will be better off buying a already setup dive bottle for shooting, maybe not new..but I got a 300 bar 7 litre , gauge an whip, two years test from New...100 quid

What do you mean rob? All steel cylinders sold by places such as Best Fittings, Underwater World etc are Faber diving cylinders, they do not have to be proofed. How the hell do you proof one? The thing that makes the difference is the valve!

Where did you buy a new steel 300 bar cylinder for £100?

Edited by secretagentmole

whats the big 'hear we go again' in aid of?

i said nothing about the gauges and stuff did i?? or about how often they need testing..

i just sad 'surface only' bottle MIGHT be cheaper

Surface only is not cheaper! In fact a "dedicated" gun bottle is more expensive than a diving cylinder! Because the gauge is an integral part of the valve! This question gets asked very often and would have come up with a raft of answers if you had googled it. I put here we go again because I answer this question so much I have pictures of the various valve types on my pc so you can see the difference between the two! It was also supposed to be read as a bit of fun in the reply! Don't read too much into the here we go again bit!

sorry mate, my appologies, i read it wrong, thought you were getting eggy with me, not just at the question..

whats best then, .177 or .22 ?? :whistling::laugh::laugh: :laugh: :thumbs: