Springer Help And Advice

Springer Advice

i have been wanting to buy a new springer for a while there are 2 for sale within 60 miles from me and i cant pick between them .there are pros and cons for both.can any of you springer guys advice me on what you think.

i know the final choice is mine but being better informed may help..the rifles in question are a tx200hc in walnut stock its owned by an older gentleman its in mint condition it .177 he has hardly used it its 18 months old and a mark 3,he hurts his fingers getting the cocking lever out he has arthritis he has a pro sport and an hw 95 that he prefers ,the rifle is like new

next is an hw97kt it has a walnut stock 3 weeks old which has been stage 2 tuned by tony wall at Sandwell field sports its a .177 with receipts it is £70 more than the tx200hc i like both rifles .what do you guys think is the best option out of the two of them,the rifle will be used for hft and plinking targets at the range out to 50 yards any advice

Would be much appreciated .would the tx200hc shoot as well and as smooth as the stage 2 tuned 97kt

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I shot the hw97kt sfs stage 2 on Sunday. What an amazing rifle I just loved it when its run in it will be even better Its very accurate at 25 meters I would get pellet on pellet for 4 shots then I

The HW97 everyday of the week mate! I would snap his hand off at that price as well because it would cost about another £200 to get the same rifle with the same stage 2 tune brand new from tony and yo

hi buddy i have 2 AATX200HC's.177 & a HW97KT syn. 22 which is just being stage 2 tuned by SFS,after shooting Si's .22 and as you say you will be using it for HFT,then sorry you have to choose the

If the Weihrauch hadn't been tuned then i'd probably opt for the TX200HC but the fact that its had a stage 2 by a reknowned tuner then its the Weihrauch all day long for me :-)

I see you're just down the road. I would be interesting to see how the 97k...if you buy it that is...compares to my v-mach 97k :-)

Edited by AirgunGuy

The stage 2 tuned HW97KT every day of the month mate. The AA TX200 are brilliant rifles straight out the box but a SFS S2 tuned HW97KT is a phenomenal rifle once bedded in mate. I have a walnut .177 AA Pro Sport and as good as it is its not a patch on my S2 tuned HW97KT.

If the Weihrauch hadn't been tuned then i'd probably opt for the TX200HC but the fact that its had a stage 2 by a reknowned tuner then its the Weihrauch all day long for me :-)I see you're just down the road. I would be interesting to see how the 97k...if you buy it that is...compares to my v-mach 97k :-)

If i buy it you are more than welcome to have a go .

The hw97kt stage 2 is costing me £370 the tx200hc is £300

At those prices does that make a difference.

Which one would hold its value better in the long term.

The HW97 everyday of the week mate! I would snap his hand off at that price as well because it would cost about another £200 to get the same rifle with the same stage 2 tune brand new from tony and you'll also have to wait 4 to 8 weeks for the pleasure he's that snowed under at the moment!

Forget the tx mate.

Mawders

• Like 1

I'll buck the trend. I recently had a HW97 (TW tuned) and whilst it was an improvement over standard it wasn't anything special or to be more accurate, it didn't do a great deal for my shooting. Admittedly it was because I tried a Walther LGV whichput the HW into the "no longer needed" category. Last week I bought a brand new TX 200 in Walnut just for the sake of it and on Sunday I went to a local Sporting Rifle HFT comp and came third overall. This suited me much more than the HW but I still have to admit the Walther beats it again on the accuracy level.

My own (brand new) tx is flawless but there was another on the shelf that looked like the barrel had been drawn into the cylinder with mole grips. They took the walnut stock off this one and put it on the action I have now. The AA is almost blacking rather than bluing. You can't go wrong with either and I did love the HW, just not enough. I know that this one shoots a lot better than my 97 ever did and that is literally straight out of the box which gets mentioned a lot.

The good thing is even if you don't like the choice you made you won't lose much coin as they are both very sought after. BTW, I still have that stock for the AA400 .

To buck it i would say the HW97 standard is better than the TX200 standard for personal reasons like: The HW97 fits and feels better, better balanced, no annoying ratchet of the bear trap, the trigger is easier to adjust, and lastly i think it is less hold sensitive.

I have had both and sold the TX200 and never looked back, ok it looks better but thats it.

hi buddy

i have 2 AATX200HC's.177 & a HW97KT syn. 22 which is just being stage 2 tuned by SFS,after shooting Si's .22 and as you say you will be using it for HFT,then sorry you have to choose the HW97 buddy.most HFT shooter's have there spring rifles tuned.

and at the price you have been quoted i would snatch it up!! :thumbs:

that's a very good price,make sure you do a F2F deal :thumbs:

• Like 1

hi buddy

i have 2 AATX200HC's.177 & a HW97KT syn. 22 which is just being stage 2 tuned by SFS,after shooting Si's .22 and as you say you will be using it for HFT,then sorry you have to choose the HW97 buddy.most HFT shooter's have there spring rifles tuned.

and at the price you have been quoted i would snatch it up!! :thumbs:

that's a very good price,make sure you do a F2F deal :thumbs:

Couldn't agree more mate!

Having shot the stage 2 tuned 97 and having owned a .22 tx200hc mk3 the 97 wins hands down but hey each to their own I guess. Variety is the spice of life.

Phil

• Like 1