Crow Bashing On Drillings

alright lads been out bashing the crows since i got my ticket a few months back .

im at 75 :gunsmilie:confirmed kills so far .

this lot was in one sitting ha ha .

4 hours on rough drillngs on request of the farmer.

shot them with mixed shells some 28gam 7.5 an some 32gram 6s

veiw from the hide and set up of decoy pattern

image_zpsc8bfd9ee.jpg

pigeons on the right to give the black feather confidance . no real pattern and not realy there to attract pigeons .

image_zps05bcf647.jpg

black stuff on the left out to 35 yards away . but deeks away from the hide so the incoming birds have no reason to look my way .

the result

a total of 23 made up of rooks crows and a jackdoor

and 3 pigeons

image_zps97c9d10d.jpgimage_zps3289f75e.jpg

not bad for a fat lat with a £70 bsa ejector 47 shells , 4 crow decoys and an arm full of pigeon decoys !!

the hide is the secret i beleave , it must be discreat and have a roof/canopy so they cant see you at all . they aproach from behind and over me in this location so i could not take pairs or upward shots , just what come infront of the hide .

image_zps10e2f6e9.jpg

me and liam of here took 60 pidgeons of another 50 acre feild of drillings last saterday to . theres not 60 in the pic but after we went roost shooting and picked up a few runners .total was 60 and if we had not run out of shells and had to leave the field to go buy some we could have had alot more . i took one while i was stood up hveing a piss ha ha .

and when we did make the decsion to go get shells i shot another as we stood in the open turning off the magnets !! they where suicidal that day !

liam easily took the shot of the day , a single shot to a bird at a measure 78 yards with 24 gram 20 guage hatsan !! very impressive shooting !

image_zpse3ebc722.jpg

this is what drew us there 24hours before they whereon the rape bu never turned up on saterday !

image_zps49673d6d.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks , I do enjoy the crow shooting . It should improve over the next couple off weeks I think . Crows and rooks are hard at work with there nest rebuilds . I'm hoping I can get constant flow of singles so I don't educate them to much !!

Thanks gents . I didn't expect such a positive response !

Well I shot my own personal best yesterday of pigeons . 41 in total and it was not as satisfying as the 23 crows !!

I know I shouldn't say that as I would normally give up an arm to shoot numbers like that , but it's the truth .

It must be the challenge ?

Thanks for the compliments .

Nice one I did about 120 pigeon last week in 4 days and about 30 or so crows.

But Im laid up at present following an opperation just as the best fields were drilled.

I past in the car the other day and the fields were black Im itching to get out this week and Im confident theres going to be a 50-70 bird day on the crows coming.

Thanks fellas . All the fields I have acces to are dead .

I'm back to shooting crows on there way to roost . Doing that has accounted for half of my 76 crow kills .

I got one tonight and missed loads more chances .

I was to early tonight and got distracted then was not concentrating when the turned up . Just before sunset and just after seem to be the times to be on wait .

We have a theory that you need the sunshine ,every good day iv had on my own or with company seems to have been bright ?

I worked a long day yesterday to try to get at them this morning . Nobody can moan at one day a week off !