Celtic V Juventus

Until we get a decent solid defence we can forget about mixing with the big guys. We have never had a solid defence since Big Johan, Bobo and Valharren called it a day. Even then we had a useless keeper!! Seville.... :cray: Get a solid, quick ball winning centre half and we would cut out so mnay goals. We have always been a team who have manged to bring talent in all parts of the pitch but the defence has been the let down for years now and it never seems to get addressed....or maybe it is but just bad judgement?

Agree to an extent lab but I think it's a product of the league we play in. We rarely need top class defenders in the SPL.

I was just going to ask that question baw, do you think the league you play in affects the quality of player needed. Though if your going to be in the CL on a regular basis then Lennon should buy to cover that. :thumbs:

The way i see it when your looking for a player you dont look at a price tag.......i'd want a player who can control the ball, play with 'both feet', quick and doesn't panic whether its a Barca player running at you or a Rangers player( :angel::whistling: )....... :thumbs:
Yeh mate you've got to buy players that suit your style of play and its just a pity that the league you play in dosen't attract players like the Premier League does......sometimes sucsess outside your nations league has a price and maybe the style Celtic play might have to change to accomadate.
I know this may seem daft to some folk but if Lennon was to walk tomorrow it wouldn't bother me. You see Lennon has a similar tactic, like your old manager Rafa. One team for the league and another team for Europe. 4/5 changes in games, surely that effects players. I mean lets take Stokes.......he plays a blinder and scores goals and sets up goals, next game he is dropped. I'd like a manager who sat the team down and say "I watched you in training, heres the team. This team will play until an injury or if i decide you had a bad game. If someone take your position and they play to a high standard then 'you' will sit on the bench until i decide otherwise!!"..... :toast: Now that would be a manager i'd like to see...infact f**k it my CV is off to Parkhead as we speak... :D
That's only because he has the luxury to do it this season with no rangers. If rangers were 2 points near us, he'd play his strongest in all comps.
Maybe but i don't think that works. How are you ment to build up a knowledge of the guy your paired with....whether its up front, mid-field or defence if the partnership changes every week? Look at the goals we scored with Sutton/Larsson....or Hartson/Larsson........they just knew where each other was or where they were going to go.......You canny get that when the team changes every week mate... :thumbs:
Those pairings never made it to the last 16 of the champions league so Lennon must be doing something right. I agree, I'd rather have a settled team but your not gonna say its not worked out for us the way Lennon has done it surely? Getting as far in Europe as any team in Britian, beating Barcelona? You want too much mate lol.
No they never but the did make a Uefa cup final.....they did beat Barca as well.....with a draw away from home. My stats are pish mate, can never remember nothing but how many points did Martin O'Neil get in the group stages and not qualify.....as much as Lennon?... :hmm: You spoke about a bit of luck needed, well i think MON got none. Lennon carried his till he met Juve and it ran out. Lennon is not in the same league as MON imo.....got years to go yet before he is......"if" he ever does!! ;)

Your spot on with everything you say mate. I think mon got 9 points, won all home games and didn't get through, rangers I think done it with 4 lol. You can't compare those players though mate, mon spent a fortune compared to Lenny. Larsson was already there, sutton £6 mill, Hartson £6 mill, Alan Thompson £6 mill. All good players. Lennons working with strikers from scunthorpe etc. he isn't on a par with mon but he's on course to better him. He likes his team to play football unlike mon who flooded the team with giants and prefered the long ball. I know you don't like Lennon, I wasn't keen on him taking over cos he was untried. But credit where credits due, the bhoys came up trumps.

Yip your quite right mate.......got to agree on the money side of things. Looking at it that way you have to say Lennon has done an ok job. Look i dont dislike Lennon.....infact i loved him as a player, never got the credit that he deserved as a player because of all the other nonsense that followed him. Some of it his own doing like, a lot of it not! But i dont think any man should be allowed to manage a team like Celtic without a bit of pedigree in management. He is naive in certain situations and his inexperience shines through. The Ambrose decision in the first game proved that i think....a stronger manager would have said to Ambrose that after his long journey he should sit on the bench instead of letting the player decide his own mental/physical state.

Anyway as ive said before i'd love it if he blossomed into a real good manager and made me eat my words........ ;)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Really need a tune to go with it seeing as none of it f****n rhymes !!! ........Im singing it to the Coronation St tune and it dont quite work

9 in the morning and I don't give them a hope in hell, come 7:30 the night I'll be giving it laldy

Well f**k it in for a penny in for a pound ive just put a few bob on Celtic to qualify.......................66/1   C'MON the BHOYS !!!!...........That how you say it ?

Posted Images

The Ambrose was a clanger. He'll learn from it though. With rangers out the picture Lennon has a great platform to become a great manager. Look what he's learned already playing these teams. Look at the money brought in from the CL with very little spent. He's Definately helping Celtic go forward. You never liked strachan either, he qualified for two CL's back to back. He wasn't a Celtic man, now we have one, time to back him ;)

The Ambrose was a clanger. He'll learn from it though. With rangers out the picture Lennon has a great platform to become a great manager. Look what he's learned already playing these teams. Look at the money brought in from the CL with very little spent. He's Definately helping Celtic go forward. You never liked strachan either, he qualified for two CL's back to back. He wasn't a Celtic man, now we have one, time to back him ;)

I never liked Mowbray either and he was ment to be a Celtic man.... :laugh:

I wont be happy till Moyes stops f***ing about down in England and comes back home where he belongs... ;)

Aye he'd do, no European experience either, same with Lambert and Coyle lol.

You having a dig there... :laugh: I think we can firmly say he is a well versed manager......and he does have European experience.... :yes::D

Lol, I'd take him mate, in a few year lol. You got to feel sorry for the rangers fans. Coisty won't be sacked, both him and Lennon took on these big jobs at the same time. In 3 years when they finally meet, Lennon will have learned his trade against Europes finest...... McCoist against Elgin city and Montrose :laugh:

Lol, I'd take him mate, in a few year lol. You got to feel sorry for the rangers fans. Coisty won't be sacked, both him and Lennon took on these big jobs at the same time. In 3 years when they finally meet, Lennon will have learned his trade against Europes finest...... McCoist against Elgin city and Montrose :laugh:

Awwwwwwwwwww and you were doing so well there tae............... :laugh:;)

• Like 1