I'm looking into getting a 4x4 I have a few requirements, must do 30+ to the gallon

Then its got to be a suzuki vitara, RangeRover or Disco is juicy with low 20's, defender is juicy and about the same, jap trucks all late 20's early thirtys if you drive like an old lady

4x4 that's off road capable and fuel economy just doesn't go together , so if you don't mind a roller skate designed for hairdressers then the Suzuki is your motor :thumbs:

Just went to thorsby game fair and went in the New isuzu D-Max (Hunter ADDITION) and i was really impressed although it about 5000 more than what i want to pay i think i can stretch to that as it is meant to get around 35 to the gallon and can toe 3 ton and carry 1 so it probably the best option for me as you do also get a 5 year warranty which is really impressive on a commercial vehicle.

• Like 1

Just went to thorsby game fair and went in the New isuzu D-Max (Hunter ADDITION) and i was really impressed although it about 5000 more than what i want to pay i think i can stretch to that as it is meant to get around 35 to the gallon and can toe 3 ton and carry 1 so it probably the best option for me as you do also get a 5 year warranty which is really impressive on a commercial vehicle.

i got a d4 navara and had it from new. straight from the showroom with road tyres it did 33 mpg average, it currently has all terrain tyres fitted and the mileage down to 27. 5 year warranty sounds good though, i wish i had that with the navara because after 3 years abuse driving round fields a lot of things have bust on it. i always see wich 4x4 the farmers use because they drive both off and on road,also they tow a lot so if it good enough for them then it sold to me as well.

i got a hyundai terracan which has 2wheel drive but also has knob to change into 4wd and 4wd low

its good on juice too

i had a range rover but it was crap on juice and at £15k i'd never have bashed her about offroad but this is ideal.

• 3 weeks later...

Just seen the new Subaru forester and was well impressed showed good off-road capabilities and seems practical and seamed to be well build so should last and much prefer it than a pick-up. So this is probably the car I'm going to buy. Thanks for you opinions and suggestions they are much appreciated.