• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wouldn't risk it myself. It's not just other dogs, it's what they leave behind.

vet i use dosent jag untill 10 & 12 weeks and are told to give 2 weeks before taking out always the way i have known it

I didnt think you were, I'm open to others opinions & advice

pups can be injected from 6 weeks according to alot of vet sites and manufacturers ... i did mine at 7 week for the first and 9 week for the second .. and wouldnt take them out till about 10 days after the second not worth the risk imo

• Like 1

I think it's very rare for a pup to get parvo before 12 weeks. Personally I get mine jabbed at 8 weeks and again at 10, I take pup out after 1st jab, but I'm not a vet.

Argument I always have when they tell me I need a yearly booster that I never have.

"Is there any evidence of a dog jabbed as a pup catching parvo after 12 months?"

Just a con from vets booster jabs, never had 1 never had any problems.

• Like 1

Seen 2 litters last couple years die parvo at 6 weeks just before they were to be jabbed 2 summer ago there was lota parvo about vet said. Guy burnt kennels got real good disinfectant for hospitals 7 months later put his 3 year old bitch in same block she came down with parvo died with in 48 hours. She was jabed as a pup got booster at 12 months but missed nxt 2 boosters. My view if you rate ur dogs get them boostered each year. Jab a pup from 8 weeks.

Just got back from the vets, with a terrier pup, that's just been jabbed ,, she said the same thing as the op,,, so long as you know the other dogs have been done,,, but let's be honest why would you know for sure,,,

Cost 30 quid,,, they had an offer on normally 54 ,,,, mind by feck did she try to sell me all kinds of other packages ,, flea treatment,, worms packages ,,, then she siad when are you booking her in for microchip,,,, I said I'm not ,,, she siad its law,,, I said yes in 3 years time,,,, feck did she stutter, then she said about teeth cleaning,,, I said yes plenty of bones,,, oh don't be feeding them bones,,, they can splinter and get stuck,,, I said yes that can happen I've pulled a few out myself on me other dogs,, and on my ferrets,,, but your not telling me raw bones are bad for dogs..

As for the other stuff ,, I simply said with all due respect I can get everything cheaper on line.

Not my usual vets by the way,,, just went there cos of the offer on the jabs,,

Looked in to pet passport whilst there,,, priced up at 120 quid wich I thought wert bad,,,, 19 quid of that was the chipp ,,

Oh forgot,,, then she says when are you going to spay her?.. Feck me,,, she says they can get infections,,,, I said what like pymetra (spelling) ,,, oh you know about that,,,, yes I've had an old dog dy from it at 13,

A few week back I was defending vets,,, some of you may remember,,,,,lol,, ile get me coat,,,,

• Like 1

Just got back from the vets, with a terrier pup, that's just been jabbed ,, she said the same thing as the op,,, so long as you know the other dogs have been done,,, but let's be honest why would you know for sure,,,

Cost 30 quid,,, they had an offer on normally 54 ,,,, mind by feck did she try to sell me all kinds of other packages ,, flea treatment,, worms packages ,,, then she siad when are you booking her in for microchip,,,, I said I'm not ,,, she siad its law,,, I said yes in 3 years time,,,, feck did she stutter, then she said about teeth cleaning,,, I said yes plenty of bones,,, oh don't be feeding them bones,,, they can splinter and get stuck,,, I said yes that can happen I've pulled a few out myself on me other dogs,, and on my ferrets,,, but your not telling me raw bones are bad for dogs..

As for the other stuff ,, I simply said with all due respect I can get everything cheaper on line.

Looked in to pet passport whilst there,,, priced up at 120 quid wich I thought wert bad,,,, 19 quid of that was the chipp ,,

Vets seem to get surprisingly little teaching on feeding/nutrition of dogs. With the ease of chucking a scoop of dried complete dog food in a bowl once a day, I think they are always amazed that some people choose to feed any differently. The percent markup they charge on flea treatments, worming, toothpaste,food etc is a huge money maker for them, as is getting older pets in for dental treatment - which is often done by ( trained, and experienced ) vet nurses.

I take mine to a vet surgery that are 90% farm animal, 10 % pets - IMHO the attitude of a large animal vet is far more "realistic" and fits with my idea of what I do and don't want for my dogs.

• Like 1

vets4pets have on offer on £15 :laugh:http://www.vets.co.uk/pet-advice/dog-advice/dog-health-advice/dog-vaccinations/

vets4pets have on offer on £15 :laugh:http://www.vets.co.uk/pet-advice/dog-advice/dog-health-advice/dog-vaccinations/

Iv just booked my jackrussel x Lakeland pup in for her first jab tomorrow with them

Iv just booked my jackrussel x Lakeland pup in for her first jab tomorrow with them

there the cheapest doing it at the minute for boosters anyway apart fron diy :thumbs: