First Day Got Me Gun Got Out On The Night And Got A Result

ahegarty

Yes they are out of season oct to jan 31st when in season, plus I don't think it's fair game lamping them either as they're easy targets, think they should be left to be got by the shotgun when in season as they are hard game to shoot?

But that's my view?

Chris

What a shame.

They are already paired around here, I am sorry I don't believe you shot it in season because you cannot state the dates of the seasons. Over two months ago, you claim, and have only just posted it up? What do you take us for? We are not all as niaive as you think. :hmm:

In season, I have absolutely no problem with it, apart from the fact that it was lamped, which is hardly difficult. I have caught them with my hands under the lamp, and partridges. The odd one isn't going to hurt, but don't make a habit of it.

Normally you would get a better response, but the way you have posted it, there has been little thought given to your report. 19 posts ony and you want us to believe you shot it back in December. Something tells me you would have posted it before now if the shot was taken then. ;) For future information the woodcock season runs from the 1st October to the 31st January, for England & Wales. You said you shot it before 11th December, which would be in season, but the timing of your trumpeting leads me to believe that might not be quite right. :blink: