Out Of Curiosity

Also I have just got a ferret that's about a year n a half to 2 year old good to handle and has been worked. What's the best way to build the bond up with her?

Think you're on the wrong forum mate. This forum is for folk who work ferrets and not people who are into kinky relationships with their ferrets.

Hi guys out of curiosity how many people use locators? And how many still use the old fashioned method with a collar and a load of string?

Also I have just got a ferret that's about a year n a half to 2 year old good to handle and has been worked. What's the best way to build the bond up with her?

The best way to build the bond with your new ferret is through positive reinforcment, such as regular handling whilst at the same time hand feeding her treats. If you also have or use a dog make sure that all introductions are positive and reinforced with treats, by doing this you are encouraging her to enjoy being around you and any dogs that you have :thumbs: Ferrets are very intelligent animals and by putting the time in and treating them as so, you will enjoy a closer bond and better days out! hope this helps.

I've never given it much thought but I suppose you do build some sort of bond with your ferrets. Regular handling will give you a confidence with it. When you've worked with it a few times you'll recognise the ferret's way of hunting. Forget any thoughts of using a line. Invest in a locator, worth their weight in gold.