New Springer Pup !

telf

its not for everybody but the kennel club gundog level 1, 2 and 3 are ideal for new owners. I am sure there is a group near you somewhere. Its all about getting the basics in and its good networking who knows you might even get an intro to more shoots. Good luck with her.

• Like 1

thanks lads i take all your comments and advise on board , just a quick question when do you start the real training just some people dont start till 8 to 10 months old , i know let it be a pup and bond with me but i was thinking 4 or 5 months even know i chuck an old sock sometimes she brings it to me and i praise her for it but sometimes she just likes to carry round.

8 weeks usually. re call whistle for feed times and then a sit and a little wait for her dinner, retrieving as a game most days and getting her on the lead and walking sensibly as soon as she has had her jabs.

Car training as soon as possible just dont feed her before hand and most importantly getting her eye contact as often as you can, i like to see a dog looking for me.

Proper training is just an extension of all of this and you can judge how the pup matures what elements she is ready for

• Like 1

Hi Telf, as Stroller said start right away as at feeding times your the only one she will be interested in as you have here food.Verbal, hand,whistle commands can all be used,as she is wanting here food she will be eager to please.But most of all enjoy here always finish on a high,if she can't do what your wanting be patient try another day, give here something simple to do so she and you go away happy.

ps what breading is she out of?

if she's your first take her take pro trainer for 1 to 1 when she's about 16 weeks old when she knows her name and starts bring stuff back to you. where abouts it the country are as i mite be able to tell you a good trainer. I train for a gundog club and have had so many people come to us saying they were not happy with the kennel club training class. The best thing i can say take your time with her mind don't start trialing or picking up till there 18 months - 2 years of age. Hows she breed?