Guard Dog

Nice dogs lads , my dad used to have dobermans good dogs but were unpredictable he also had GSDs , had pitbulls years ago and EBT he had alsorts , the dog we have now is an EBT is a fat Lump now aged 10 So is knocking on abit now , he's had a lot of health problems but a top wee yard dog , hates anyone he doesn't know but is soft with the kids obviously always supervised , but a nice dog who's retired now just spends his days sleeping lol

20130201_150424_zps42f6e8bd.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not to be rude......but i can never understand that logic of " he,s a fat lump but old now "................well do the ol boy a favour then and get some weight off him the strain on their joints when

will my mother inlaw do

Posted Images

A little terrier would do me as a yapper so i knew if anyones about as there is always someone i the house.

Dont agree with the DDB being what you'd class as a good guard dog had one and was just a shitting mechine! But you cant base your opinion on the few iv seen (All werent worth a carrot)

By the sounds of it on here most just want a lump of meat too sit in the garden and BITE anyone

Think if i lived in the stick id source a decent brace of GSD.....

Not at all but my good friend had some scum bags come to his yard to steel his dogs he had a very good gaurd dog but on a chain so they drove there van on to the dogs chain to limit its movement then smashed it in with a hammer and stole the dogs any way so it's important to have a good good dog to be let lose and trusted to do there job safely

Not at all but my good friend had some scum bags come to his yard to steel his dogs he had a very good gaurd dog but on a chain so they drove there van on to the dogs chain to limit its movement then smashed it in with a hammer and stole the dogs any way so it's important to have a good good dog to be let lose and trusted to do there job safely

only 1 prob with that, is if it bit just some one who (not) a thief you would be in deep shit, as they just brought a new law out, where the dog got to be under control all the time, so it wont bo on its own. Plus if they really want to get in a pinch what ever they will poison or shoot (any) dog, you better off with a yapper either a good jack or gsd which make as much noise as jack :yes:

Nice dogs lads , my dad used to have dobermans good dogs but were unpredictable he also had GSDs , had pitbulls years ago and EBT he had alsorts , the dog we have now is an EBT is a fat Lump now aged 10 So is knocking on abit now , he's had a lot of health problems but a top wee yard dog , hates anyone he doesn't know but is soft with the kids obviously always supervised , but a nice dog who's retired now just spends his days sleeping lol

Not to be rude......but i can never understand that logic of " he,s a fat lump but old now "................well do the ol boy a favour then and get some weight off him the strain on their joints when overweight like that is terrible......and so unnecessary............................................a dog slightly underweight you get the rspca at your door,but grossly overweight and nobody cares sums up todays society really !

• Like 4

Not to be rude......but i can never understand that logic of " he,s a fat lump but old now "................well do the ol boy a favour then and get some weight off him the strain on their joints when overweight like that is terrible......and so unnecessary............................................a dog slightly underweight you get the rspca at your door,but grossly overweight and nobody cares sums up todays society really !
The dogs my grandads now because the dog is aggressive toward sheep i live on a farm so that's no good he lives at my grandads house that's why he's fat when I had him he was in top form mate I understand what your saying I hate seeing obese dogs :thumbs:

Edited as I forgot to say the main reason he's fat is he has a skin infection which can only be controlled with steroids and alsorts of other shit which throws in the weight , the dog used to get exercised with my lurchers and was in fine fettle anyone who knows me knows I hate fat dogs , I do agree with you mate :thumbs:

Edited by J.DOG

only 1 prob with that, is if it bit just some one who (not) a thief you would be in deep shit, as they just brought a new law out, where the dog got to be under control all the time, so it wont bo on its own. Plus if they really want to get in a pinch what ever they will poison or shoot (any) dog, you better off with a yapper either a good jack or gsd which make as much noise as jack :yes:

I fully understand that mate I have only got a small house so he's never out of sight but I have a public Ali way up the back of mine and a high number of drug addicts in my area the with a yapper they could scope u out for a few days notice the dogs all bark nd no bite wait till they see u leave give the dog a pigs ear and there in that big red fella of mine sounds like a lion Rawing tbh people don't even like to stand behind my back fence out of site because he sounds like he means to do you harm

The thing is every thing is illegal now a days I don't give a shit about that part of the law tbh if some one is on my land with out my permission my dogs there to hurt them there's to many scum bags about and my 2 year old daughter is safe [BANNED TEXT] am not there if he is for the last 6 years he's guarded my gate hoping today will be the day some silly fool try's there luck it's never happened yet but still after 6 years he's there the next day hoping and praying lol

The only time he ain't on guard is when he's playing dolls houses with my daughter or out walking with me that's a good reason to have two on guard because if they want what you have so much they will watch and wait all dogs need a break and a walk every day if there on a big yard or not be like a prisoner other wise and soon get bord of the yard

I fully understand that mate I have only got a small house so he's never out of sight but I have a public Ali way up the back of mine and a high number of drug addicts in my area the with a yapper they could scope u out for a few days notice the dogs all bark nd no bite wait till they see u leave give the dog a pigs ear and there in that big red fella of mine sounds like a lion Rawing tbh people don't even like to stand behind my back fence out of site because he sounds like he means to do you harm

The thing is every thing is illegal now a days I don't give a shit about that part of the law tbh if some one is on my land with out my permission my dogs there to hurt them there's to many scum bags about and my 2 year old daughter is safe [BANNED TEXT] am not there if he is for the last 6 years he's guarded my gate hoping today will be the day some silly fool try's there luck it's never happened yet but still after 6 years he's there the next day hoping and praying lol

The only time he ain't on guard is when he's playing dolls houses with my daughter or out walking with me that's a good reason to have two on guard because if they want what you have so much they will watch and wait all dogs need a break and a walk every day if there on a big yard or not be like a prisoner other wise and soon get bord of the yard

I totally agree. If you are serious about a protection/guard dog then a little yapper will do nothing but annoy people IMO.

I had one and she made the same racket if a bird came in the garden as if a trespasser did. So we soon began to ignore her yapping. Defeating the object of having her. Lol.

I would much rather a big lump that WILL bite.

The law is a joke. If someone enters another mans property then that's the same as signing a contract saying "I may die and I'm willing to take the risk" in my eyes. That's what the law should say. The world is a nasty place and people have family they want to protect. I fancy one of them neo x cane corso or presa at some point.

• Like 2