Which Semi-Auto Shotgun Has Softer Recoil?

Just had my first time shooting shotguns after many years
using airguns and rimfire at a practical shotgun shoot today and after managing
to double feed and jamming the pump action up think I need to look at the
semi-auto since the Remington I used worked with no problems.

BUT here’s the thing, I have a weak shoulder due to a bike accident
5 years ago so if I’m going the shotgun route I need a semi-auto with a softer
recoil so I could use it all day without cause any problems so what do people
suggest?

hatsans are great guns, people say they need a lot of cleaning to prevent it from jamming although i used to clean all the internals every time i use it i now only clean the bore and give it a quick wipe over before it goes back in the cabinet and i dont have any problems with it, i shoot 30g and 32g loads and there isnt a great deal of recoil, even for a semi. also they will cycle lighter loads, mine cycles 24g not a problem and im pretty sure people have said they cycle 21g too

I think most semi`s would give less recoil. My Beretta 391 has virtually no recoil with 21g & 24g cartridges. You can feel 28g`s a little bit after shooting maybe 150 of them in a few hours on the clays, but certainly no where near like you can using a sbs or o/u. Ive just the normal rubber pad on my stock, but you can get other anti recoil stocks & pad options for them.

Years ago i broke my shoulder, the clavical, in 2 places. First time i shot a 12g i fired it about 30 times. It hurt on the day, but the next day it felt like i had been kicked by a mule. I now own a Winchester SX3. I don't have any problems at all with that. May be if i shoot a lot of clays it's a tad achy next day, but that's all. You could argue all day what semi auto is the best. At the end of the day any semi is gonna' be better for you and you have to go for what's in your price range.

The one that fits you best will kick the least. Theres no point in anyone telling you what to shoot. Get out and try them. I shoot a fabarm and love it, never gives me any trouble, i also have optional weights that screw into the stock and onto the fore end to reduce recoil. I only ever put them in for big days at crows or pigeons but it does make a difference. Everyone goes on about benellis being light of recoil but they kick the shit out of me. Must just be incorrect gun fit.

i got 3 anchors in my bicep holding it togther, had to have half my muscle stitched back on so still weak from a year ago.... tried a franchi 20g and that was great but was faulty so went and did some searching and for me as sometimes i cant hardly move my arm i decided on a beretta 391 and shooting pigeons its great, hardly any kick and so far doing well with it, one thing about the benellis, the gunshop and keepers told me to becarefull as there recoil system is different to gas auto and would definately kick more... get out and try as many as you can mate..... i found the sx3 hurt my shoulder badly shooting 5 32's but so far ive stuck to 6 30's and doing ok.. i also have a single barrel hushpower 20g and although lighter that dont hurt shooting 5's or 6's :hmm: cant hit sod all with it though so sat in cabinet for the time being lol