Another Forum Introduction

Hello people

As a newbie to the forum, I thought an introduction appropriate.

Took early retirement at 53, am now almost 59, and found my sons old chinese 177 springer last year and started plinking in the garden.

Did a bit of google research and watched some youtube videos bought a pellet catcher and some card targets, and decided a gun upgrade was in order. Decided on a HW100S in 22. a Hawke 3-9x40 Sport HD-IR-AO scope. A snipersystems swivel bipod also went on. Joined BASC, and bought Huntersvermins DVD.

Got busy practising and then contacted an ex workmate who has been shooting for years. Haven't kept totals, but had about a dozen or so bunnies, a couple of woodies and a couple of magpies up until now. I get out pretty regular with 2 mates on a couple of permissions. I normally make some hot grub to take to warm us up for the evenings lamping. Rabbit and lentil stew, tandoori rabbit curry and rice, even made a goose chilli con carne.

Thoroughly enjoy the hunting scene, wish I'd taken it up earlier.

Anyway, I hope to glean lots of useful information and tips from you here.

ATB

Thanks for the welcomes, have been spending many hours ploughing through the forum and have happened across some interesting stuff. Particularly interested in the night vision section.

Thawing out 2 more rabbits, my shooting pals want another dose of the tandoori rabbit curry on the next outing.

Regards.