I have seen this blackbird a few times [it stands out a bit :) ] in a little village I pass through on my way

to the river,tonight I finally saw it when I had the camera with me.Picture quality

ain't so good as I was looking through the car window.

p.jpg

I have seen this blackbird a few times [it stands out a bit :) ] in a little village I pass through on my way

to the river,tonight I finally saw it when I had the camera with me.Picture quality

ain't so good as I was looking through the car window.

p.jpg

I saw a hen blackbird that looked for all the world like a hen ring ouzel (with the bleached out collar) yesterday when I was out on the hills - maybe it was one but I thought they were pretty much extinct in mainland Britain (?)

OTC

See alot of blackbirds with colouring now, thats a beauty, wish I had bred it myself, put it back to the parent that produced it, and see what happens...

Seen ring ouzels in north Northumberland, not a lot mind you, seen a lot more when I was on hen harrier nest watch a month or so ago.. :gunsmilie:

No OTC theres quite a good few about on the moors here and there especially in the northwestern parts of the UK. lovelly birds :yes: but sadley in decline i hear,... :(

Perhaps it was one then - it certainly had the markings in the right place and the upland area I saw it seems right - up there with the grouse, stonechats and wheatears.

OTC

Perhaps it was one then - it certainly had the markings in the right place and the upland area I saw it seems right - up there with the grouse, stonechats and wheatears.

No mate dont think its a ring ouzel, there is a lot of variations creeping into blackbirds, Ive seen similar in towns, as a lot of folk have, but the ring ouzels Ive seen are not like the plates in some books, ie a jet black bird with the ring around its neck, they did have a light edging to the tips of their feathers over their whole body, but nothing like your photo

http://www.galleryofbirds.com/scillies2002/ringouzel.html

I had a blackbird similar to that without quite as much white on it visit my back garden every morning. Stunning bird and it was a visitor for a couple of years. Havent seen it since my next door neighbour cut down the tree that overhung my garden that it usually sat in. :thumbdown:

Ive got a picture of it (in the tree) in my mobile phone but Ive lost the lead to connect it to the computer so I cant upload it sorry.