Cows Tripe For Ferrets??

I have just cut up a couple of cow tripes for the dogs and thrown some of the left overs in for the ferrets as im off out tomorrow (if we arent snowed in!) and ive only given them dry food today. Anyone had any adverse reactions to feeding tripe?

I normally feed whatever ive shot be it birds, squirrels but mostly rabbit and the odd day on the dry if i havent defrosted a carcass. i dont reckon a bit of tripe will do them any harm as they eat all of the carcasses even the pelts.

Tripe is absolutely fine as a food BUT as far nutrition goes you just as well give them a bowl of water ... Green tripe is only around 8% protein and ferrets need far far more than that to produce. Good days graft .......

• Like 1

Tripe is fine for ferrets, I used as the main food for years, I've checked various sites and protein figures come in around 60%. Only thing to watch is their weight.

well ill be blowed there does seem to be some one else who sees as i do , one gets folk dont support the same , ferrits been on tripe time worked three four days plus a week and here we have it again they need more nutrition than tripe .popy cock tripes plenty good enough ,the fat as romany says is all one needs to whatch , personally dont see that a problem when worked hard somes say eight percent protein somes say more depends what article thugh reads on the web let thy eyes and performance be my guide . ran lurchers for yrs on rabbs up and down ta country on very little else killing huge numbers but hey the nutrition rubbish , i am like theee romany a great believer in it its cheeper feed the beef than tripe these days or mind would have nought else . atb bunnys.