Small Dogs On Hares

lol wht 10 slips her whole life she will prob get another 5 before end of season then gonna leave her then till next when she over a year! im just feedin her preydrive which has only just come out, let her see wht its about then when next season start she already knows what to do ad has loads extra in the tank,, she will be surprising herself,,i understand ur concern but dnt worry im nt gona ruin my dog 15 slips between 7 and 8 months then left untill she over 1 is a gd thing! she is training nt working! i could slip her literally 30 times a night but i dont she gets 1 or 2 at the end if she is lucky

Wouldn't slip her on any hares at all yet mate. 7.5 months she's stll very much a puppy, wouldn't really be giving her many runs on rabbits either to be honest. Just get her out and about like you've been doing, but restrict the amount of rabs she runs, all to easy to ruin a young keen pup. There's no rush, and come september you'll still have a keen fresh dog that is able to take on a heavier workload. A T B :thumbs:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

WTF 7 and a half months old. To much to young mate

I have a 17.5tts collie whippet tht only just started out takin 3 out of about 10 slips over last 2 weeks she hasn't gt much stamina but manages to put so many turns in can keep it in one field if it

i bred a litter 3 yrs ago all under 23 tt all can kill hares day or nite for fun,,i still have one im running only run around fields but always do 2 or 3 in any field

lol wht 10 slips her whole life she will prob get another 5 before end of season then gonna leave her then till next when she over a year! im just feedin her preydrive which has only just come out, let her see wht its about then when next season start she already knows what to do ad has loads extra in the tank,, she will be surprising herself,,i understand ur concern but dnt worry im nt gona ruin my dog 15 slips between 7 and 8 months then left untill she over 1 is a gd thing! she is training nt working! i could slip her literally 30 times a night but i dont she gets 1 or 2 at the end if she is lucky

Wouldn't slip her on any hares at all yet mate. 7.5 months she's stll very much a puppy, wouldn't really be giving her many runs on rabbits either to be honest. Just get her out and about like you've been doing, but restrict the amount of rabs she runs, all to easy to ruin a young keen pup. There's no rush, and come september you'll still have a keen fresh dog that is able to take on a heavier workload. A T B :thumbs:

last 5 slips have been sucesful tho 1 partridge 1 rab 3 longear was just going to give her 3 or 4 more and leave her till sept then i thought it would do her gd just gt her to the point she knows wht to do then leave her to mature, i need some company really so she can watch how its done properly its just annoying the amount of longears compared to rabs really id love some super easy runs for her

I have a 17.5tts collie whippet tht only just started out takin 3 out of about 10 slips over last 2 weeks she hasn't gt much stamina but manages to put so many turns in can keep it in one field if it gets out she give up but she only a pup yet, where as my friends full saluki disapears 6 fields away comes back [BANNED TEXT] nearlly every time but we dnt see any of it, I know which I prefer! I'm nt saying she gonna be a basher but her acceleration is astonishing an she can turn on a pinhead seems to put the wind up um some ;)

what do you mean she gives up? when the hare goes into another field the dog just stops? how olds the dog?

ye basically only if she is running on her own tho an she is only 7n half mnths as i said she has only had 10 slips in her life so still learning, and the fields we work have dykes so it nt just a case of through bush it throught bush 6ft jump through bush she just nt gt the confidence yet, only just found her drive last week lol an only reason she runin the big ones is thats all around at min literally loads could give her 30 slips a night but dnt want to spoil her with havin collie she might jack if she misses 2 many eh

your 7 month old pup killed 3 big ears in january.day time :hmm:

I have a 17.5tts collie whippet tht only just started out takin 3 out of about 10 slips over last 2 weeks she hasn't gt much stamina but manages to put so many turns in can keep it in one field if it gets out she give up but she only a pup yet, where as my friends full saluki disapears 6 fields away comes back [BANNED TEXT] nearlly every time but we dnt see any of it, I know which I prefer! I'm nt saying she gonna be a basher but her acceleration is astonishing an she can turn on a pinhead seems to put the wind up um some ;)

what do you mean she gives up? when the hare goes into another field the dog just stops? how olds the dog?

ye basically only if she is running on her own tho an she is only 7n half mnths as i said she has only had 10 slips in her life so still learning, and the fields we work have dykes so it nt just a case of through bush it throught bush 6ft jump through bush she just nt gt the confidence yet, only just found her drive last week lol an only reason she runin the big ones is thats all around at min literally loads could give her 30 slips a night but dnt want to spoil her with havin collie she might jack if she misses 2 many eh

your 7 month old pup killed 3 big ears in january.day time :hmm:

dont take time of year as a factor where im from note i said i could slip her 30 times an outing but i dont, i see more hare thn rabbit an all 3 were in less than 30 seconds frm 15 yards or so nt chattin bubble mate serious bet a decent dog could hit 8 or 9 a session if it was fit those 3 were all seperate times 1 on lamp 2 daytime ,,, they dont get run by me time of year as in all shit hares are gone does nt mean anything o unworked land and ive only been here 3 weeks

yes i did :thumbs:

did you win ? Was beany a good dog ? Did you see beany run a few times or just when you matched him ? I've always wanted to know more about this dog because I like the joe stuff but never herd much about his father beany, any info or pics would be great, cheers

seal won he got straight lined on all 3 the sisters to him could kill hares for fun joe was a very good dog him self :thumbs:

yes i did :thumbs:

did you win ? Was beany a good dog ? Did you see beany run a few times or just when you matched him ? I've always wanted to know more about this dog because I like the joe stuff but never herd much about his father beany, any info or pics would be great, cheers
seal won he got straight lined on all 3 the sisters to him could kill hares for fun joe was a very good dog him self :thumbs:
straight lined on all 3, I thought he would of been a very fast dog being straight out of a racing greyhound, I thought that's were joe got his speed from, perhaps it skipped a generation