Pre Ban Starting A Dog?

Hi all

Quick question, I don't want a debate just genuine answers of people that have done it! :-)

How many of you pre ban started a dog on fox single handed and what sort of failure rate, if any, did you have doing it this way?

And also how many of you started them doubled up and then ran single and what was the failure rate, again if any, was there doing it this way?

Would also like to hear people's opinions who have tried both ways on which they think they had the most successful rate of single handed dogs with.

Thanks

• Like 1

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Doubled up for first couple imo..alot of saplings dont know that they are allowed/or have any idea what to do with there first couple. they seem to get the gist pretty quick though. A few will at them

It's 243   Dean what I do with my dogs is up to me and only me, if I want to use them to retrieve shot foxes that I'm just to damn lazy to go and collect than I shall use them for that. The exercis

Hi all   Quick question, I don't want a debate just genuine answers of people that have done it! :-)   How many of you pre ban started a dog on fox single handed and what sort of failure rate, if

Posted Images

i gave my dogs thare first one with another dog and then all on thare own its hard to get a good dog to do it on thare own you would go through alot of dogs to get one good one or u might get lucky i wouldent keep a dog unless thay did it single handed and i would give them thare first at about 16 months old give it to them to young and you will break them

i had a 3/4 grey 1/4 bull it never saw a rabbit all it had was big game as i used to drive the feilds and when he had is first fox he dint no [BANNED TEXT] to do antill about minuite ov the fox locket to his face .from then on the dog never looket back

Hahaha at dean redneck I can assure you the photo is not photo shopped if you look at a thread I put on before there is also a photo of me holding the gun that shot the fox :-) you think because I'm blonde and female I can't and don't hunt???

No my opinion it looked tweaked,your hair colour and sex don't come into it,I seen plenty of women that can gut and prepare feather,fur and scale better than me,or other men.

I have also seen plenty dig theirselves into a hole just because they are talking to a woman,that smiles at them!

Also there's too much pre ban shite talked about on here,I'm not the sharpest tool in the chest but can see when stuff on here that's talked about can lead to trouble.

• Like 1

That dog is bred bedlington whippet grey x collie grey

And I can see what you mean but I don't see how starting a dog pre ban can ever dig anyone a hole I'm asking no details or for no photos just people's experience of times gone by, that's all :-)

And p.s I smile at no one I'm a moody cow!!