Pre Ban Starting A Dog?

The reds shot and I'm a strong lass :-) haha no you have to pose whether you have something stinking in your hand or not shame the guy taking the photo needed some photography lessons!!

I'm joking by the way I have no idea while I'm stood like that lol

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Doubled up for first couple imo..alot of saplings dont know that they are allowed/or have any idea what to do with there first couple. they seem to get the gist pretty quick though. A few will at them

It's 243   Dean what I do with my dogs is up to me and only me, if I want to use them to retrieve shot foxes that I'm just to damn lazy to go and collect than I shall use them for that. The exercis

Hi all   Quick question, I don't want a debate just genuine answers of people that have done it! :-)   How many of you pre ban started a dog on fox single handed and what sort of failure rate, if

Posted Images

Doubled up for first couple imo..alot of saplings dont know that they are allowed/or have any idea what to do with there first couple. they seem to get the gist pretty quick though. A few will at them single on their first outing but helluva lot wont. Success rate comes with throwing plenty at them to see which have the metal for the job. Used to start mine at around the 12month mark on the early stubbles to give em a bit of confidence. The fun used to start come december when the weak had gone and only the fit and strong were left. Sadly no longer relevant nowadays :thumbs:

• Like 4

It's 243

Dean what I do with my dogs is up to me and only me, if I want to use them to retrieve shot foxes that I'm just to damn lazy to go and collect than I shall use them for that. The exercising, feeding and cleaning up after my dogs is just part and parcel of owning them :-) shooting a gun never can or never will give me the satisfaction I get off my dogs!!

• Like 4

It's 243

Dean what I do with my dogs is up to me and only me, if I want to use them to retrieve shot foxes that I'm just to damn lazy to go and collect than I shall use them for that. The exercising, feeding and cleaning up after my dogs is just part and parcel of owning them :-) shooting a gun never can or never will give me the satisfaction I get off my dogs!!

Only asked a question,I just wondered if you done some pest control alongside houses that moaned about gunshots ,what dogs you got.

I have the blue dog his breeding is further back (4 years old) I have his mum the beddie whippet grey now semi retired ( about 9 year) a bull deer grey ( 2 1/2 year) a half x bull (20 month) and a patt terrier.

I use my dogs for all sorts anything I can legally work with them I do ;-)