posted on another thread by midnight :thumbs:

iv done loades , leave it with valve oped for a week , snap the valve off after that and fill the tank with water , stand it next to a fire in the garden and let it get hot and steam .

change the water for clean leave it a day or so , empty it then you can drill the remains of the valve out and weld a plug over it etc to make it look pretty wehn you do all the other work .

be carfuil when you cut it and dopnt use a gas axe use an angle grinder , the liquid gas will have inpregnated the steel , hence all the above steps .

good luck

iv done loades , leave it with valve oped for a week , snap the valve off after that and fill the tank with water , stand it next to a fire in the garden and let it get hot and steam .

change the water for clean leave it a day or so , empty it then you can drill the remains of the valve out and weld a plug over it etc to make it look pretty wehn you do all the other work .

be carfuil when you cut it and dopnt use a gas axe use an angle grinder , the liquid gas will have inpregnated the steel , hence all the above steps .

good luck

we used to make the gas bottle burners all the time yrs ago sold loads,they are all right for instant heat but no good at staying in overnight,and they glow red if you burn hardwood or coal so be carefull mate,,id advise you to go to boatbuilders,marinas ive had a few morso squirells from there for £100 or so,they are the best 4.5kw burner still on the market in my opinion,ive still got one in my front room now the thing refuses to go out its mint,ebay sell a few that need tlc just a lick of paint,new fire rope and some new bricks and youve got a surplus £600 burner,ill keep my eye peeled for ya mate

• Like 1

Ive one made out of gas bottle in my shed. lad made it for me. has a damper, baffle, high tensile steel grate and ash pan. great bit of kit and it will stay on all night when damper is closed and door shut. wouldnt want one in my house though as it can get a we bit smokey at times. great for burnig the woodshavings and old shredded paper bedding

gasbottlestove001.jpg

• Like 1

good luck

cheers mate :thumbs: