• Have one and Disappointed
    • Never had one but Would
    • Never had one and Wont do so
    • Mix Feelings on the subject

DSCN9602.jpg

DSCN9635.jpg

DSCN9589.jpg

DSCN9624.jpg

I had a border first cross from Hancock- good obedience, fantastic jumper, very hyper, hereditary back defect which meant that he couldn' t work, very low hunting instinct by both scent and sight, eventually found a pet home that could handle him.

A mate has a beardie second cross from Hancock- fantastic looking dog, very scatty, terrible feet and so slow it is often outrun by the terrier.

I really like collies, but no, never again.

Now I' m a little older and wiser, I wouldn't support Hancock' s business by buying from him because I' m not happy about the welfare of his breeding stock- I' d find a bred for own use litter.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DSCN9602.jpg

DSCN9635.jpg

DSCN9589.jpg

DSCN9624.jpg

I had a border first cross from Hancock- good obedience, fantastic jumper, very hyper, hereditary back defect which meant that he couldn' t work, very low hunting instinct by both scent and sight, eventually found a pet home that could handle him.

A mate has a beardie second cross from Hancock- fantastic looking dog, very scatty, terrible feet and so slow it is often outrun by the terrier.

I really like collies, but no, never again.

Now I' m a little older and wiser, I wouldn't support Hancock' s business by buying from him because I' m not happy about the welfare of his breeding stock- I' d find a bred for own use litter.

I find food dosent go a miss when keeping dogs :no:

Well under weight and not even any muscle tone.

i didnt vote as none were right for me.but i have owned and worked a hancock bitch in the past,she was a first cross border collie/greyhound and was by far the best working lurcher i have ever owned and would have another. :yes:

Edited by ghengis

I find food dosent go a miss when keeping dogs :no:

Well under weight and not even any muscle tone.

As I said, hereditary back defect, hence 'wrong' looking stance and limited exercise- that' s why he could never have the powerful back legs one would expect of a normally quite heavy type of dog. Never could keep much weight on him although certainly ate plenty, and yes, was wormed three times every year, 25kg and 25" tts as I remember.