Hello!

I am considering buying an air arms s200, I've been really impressed with all the reviews that I have read.

But there were two things that I was concerned about:

1 There is no air gauge

2 There is no safety catch

Could anyone tell me whether these things really matter?

Thanks!

I was advised this gun from the head of my gun club as a substitute and something to move onto after my springer.... What a great little gun and I can't say I will ever go back! Yes...the multishot takes out the safety feature of it but like Neil said, it's about gunmanship and knowing your weapon, I only have the benefit of one magazine because I'm short on money, what I did do however is hole punch holes into a bit of roll mat from my forces career 30 holes with a full magazine, bit of cord and have it round my neck, I reload these I while I'm out and about when I have no more pellets left.... Time to go back and recharge, the roll mat also helps protect the pellet! I do a lot of walking on my permission and a lot of stopping and starting so the rifle is great as its so light, I'm also not the biggest built guy in the world even tho I am an ex marine, and this rifle suits me just great!, I would honestly say go for it! And it's one of the cheaper Pcp s on the market and its up their with the best of them.

• Like 1

And also remember if you want to make your weapon safe because of dog walkers etc etc... Just pull the bolt back click the magazine round, take the magazine out, decock the weapon, then just contine on hunting and cock it again, either leave the magazine out or get used to knowing exactly where to flick the magazine round so u can load without double feeding again, however I don't advise this...it sounds a lot but it can be done in a couple of seconds, i personally just go around my permission with my rifle cocked, but I'm used to handling firearms and with the whole chad Blackhawk down "my fingers my safety" theme.

Hi, I'm new to this site and new to the S200...I only bought it last week. Single shot only, at the moment I have no need of the multishot feature, but you never know I might change my mind at some point in time. As regards no safety catch, well my previous PCP was a Falcon FN19 which was another without a safety catch. I tended not to load that until I wanted to shoot, so the same goes for the Air Arms S200. A nice little, lightweight gun.

cracking little gun as a starter id say , although i had to extend the stock to suit me , saftey catch wasnt much bother for me , but keeping an accurate shot count was important due to no gauge ! if you got your own bottle , just fill it everytime before you go out . as stated multishot conversion is an excellent upgrade atb phil

Borge, do you mean as in you go through the whole process of getting a pellet out, cocking it, loading it putting the working parts forward then shooting? You do know you can de cock the rifle so it's uncooked but the pellet is in the chamber/breech

So much safer not to have a pellet in the breech...

I don't hunt, I shoot FT & targets in general. Its generally accepted that you DON'T have a pellet in the breech unless you're intending to shoot, discharging the weapon is the only safe method of de-cocking.

Just my opinion of course!!