Any Good Shooting In The Snow

On one of my perms I haven't seen a rabbit for 3 months (don't do night time),too much rain I suspect.Went out yesterday in the new snow and found several areas with rabbit tracks for next time.

Only went for a mooch and some fresh air,but thoroughly enjoyed seeing all the previous nights activity of Badger (everywhere),fox,rabbits and pheasant + the local cat.

Lots of tracks to help you know what might be where another time.

That's the great thing about fresh snow, you find stuff you didn't even know was about, but I agree about footfalls, it's not so much crunching, it's the "thump" you get when snow finally gives under full body weight. I have a bigger issue with this than most. :yes:

Woodland camo doesn't cut it in the snow I'm afraid, but after rolling down a snow covered bank the other day I think I have the answer :toast:

I've tried pigeon shooting a few times this last week, they are gone from me at the moment, too much deep snow.

buy a painting suit, cheapest camo you will buy i got mine for £1.00 :good:

Thats a damn good idea.

Ive been out shooting rabbits a couple of times in the snow. As others have said, they really stand out against the snow - but then again so do you. So it was very much a case of hiding down a ditch and keeping quiet until they came out.