Walk Out In The Snow

well the day started with a quick plink about 9am up the side of wood out the back of my girlfriends, it was to just fine tune the scop as i just swapped it back over and it had been so long id forgotten the mill dots. with that sorted i could make my way over to one my permissions. i went and got the bike out as the scooters given up on me and set off down the road and in to her neighbores farm (my bestmate's from school) and over the feild. pushing the bike through the field in quite abit of snow with all my gear on my back wasnt very fun but i was soon walking past his house and cycling up his drive and set of down his road to his neighbore farm where we usally go ferreting parked the bike up in one of his shed and had abit of crack with him letting him know i was planning on going over and that was no problem so i set off over the feilds again to the 'hotspots' water treatment plant. both sides of this place i have permission (bonus of have a girlfriend with farmers as her dad and brother). we have ferreted this place quite afew times over the seasons and always got good numbers. i walked round to the bank and scanned up for any movement with a few rabbits running off hearing my feet crunch the snow but i knew where they had got so had wonder down the bank see if there was anything else bt again heard me boots and took off so i retuned to where i saw them go in an sat down for a cup of hot chocolate. after about 10 minutes rabbit had come out but i was to busy to notice playing on my phone in had come out and my rifle was sat on my lap pointing the wrong way so trying to shoulder the rifle to my right shoulder i spooked the rabbbit as in was around 25m away. another 10minutes past and it was back out and i was ready and took it cleanly from the right post-68056-0-24370000-1358790173.jpg the photo was from where it fell outside the hole. after i picked it up i had another walk around and spotted around rabbit but this time with mixi so put it out of its misery. once that was picked up and carried on with my walk but failing to any shots off so i went back to the first rabbit position and had another cup of hot chocolate waiting with my rifle pointing the right way this time. i knew there was more in the set as i saw 4 run in so sat tight as i was battered by more snow and was rewarded with another shot from the same hole as the first. so rifle in to the right shoulder and from only 25m so close range rolled another one over post-68056-0-39627500-1358791716.jpg take notice of the blood at the top as thats where it fell then rolled back down to the hole. so with my mate on his way back (the mate whos field i walked over) i went back to his for some pie i took a group photo with the 2 healthy ones together and the mixy on the other branch but there was a fair size difference between them as you can see post-68056-0-26114200-1358792025.jpg .

atb lewis :bye:

• Like 2

It seems like you had a productive day. Well done on your shooting. We popped up my permission to check zero and missed an absolute sitter of a tree rat 20 yards away! Waited out for some rabbit but none appeared. I can't blame them, it was freezing

Top shooting fella, well done