Ratting With Ferrets

Ive seen ferrets get some worse kickings of rabbits far worse than any rat. I ferret rats with mine regurly. Hardest bit is finding good sensible terriers. Atb

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ........your kidding right.............?

No. I had a ferret lose an eye after a kick off a big buck rabbit. Never had it with a rat.

Ive had a great working hob got a brain injury for rabbits.Was out with him and he was fine till near the end of the day he started losing his balance like he would if it had an inner ear infection.I brought it to the vets the next day and after a week and a half going back every couple of days to get steroid and anti inflammatory injections he recovered enough to be kept in retirement.He will never hunt again but will breed for me as he was a great hob.And to question yes ive ratted with ferrets only when been asked to by land owers.

Edited by NETS

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

its what we were brought up to do as kids the piggerys and surrounding areas were great places to go along with local tips heaving with the buggers and smokers hadnt been heard of so ferrets were u

Ive seen ferrets get some worse kickings of rabbits far worse than any rat. I ferret rats with mine regurly. Hardest bit is finding good sensible terriers. Atb

Ratting with ferrets is good fun but if you've got a prized rabbiting ferret i'd keep it well clear of rats as they can get nippy after constantly battling rats and thry can be badly wounded/killed by

Probably better off with the rifle mate, but rats was how I got into Rabbiting.

My sister in law had ferrets, and had a bit of a rat problem in the garden, so I was gonna stick one of her ferts down the hole, but she was having none of it with her "Pets"

So off I went and got a couple of my ferrets to deal with the rats, unfortunately, they were well fed hobs, and couldn't fit down the bloody hole, so now I had two ferrets and nothing for them to do, so I though hey! Lets go Rabbiting.

Caught the bug and the rest is history.

I shot the bloody rats in the end!