Feeding Ferrets

When you so frozen, do you mean solid or can you press the meat but hear the ice cracking sort of thing. Ive fed chicken bits still slighly frozen when ive had too just put them in and they eat them. Regarding how much, mine eat a full rabbit in about 2 days, thats between 2 jills and 3 hobs. I would try either a full rabbit and leave it in until its gone, only in the winter mind or switch to feeding half a rabbit.

• Like 1

I defrost mine out in the garage but when its minus five they dont defrost out there so i bring them into the house , but if you wear the trousers in your house you can defrost it in the micro wave and see what the wife says :hmm::laugh: :laugh:

Because i have plenty of time on my hands, I skin, gut, and bone the rabbit, the rabbit meat goes into pound bags and frozen for a fortnight, and is fed raw to the Whippet, the carcass which contains meat goes to the ferts. this is also bagged and frozen.

In the Summer, this is fed to them right through the Winter months.

In the Summer, when Flies are around, I feed complete.

Just now with the frosts its okay to feed a full rabbit to three ferrets as its no going to go off and the can feed and sleep ,feed and sleep as suits them ,but as spring comes i would freeze it in portions they can eat in one sitting and bin the remain before they go off or attract fly's

Edited by The one

nooo not cat food! You want dry ferret food mate, the jelly and crap in the wet cat food goes streight through them, they wont get anything from it, just the shits!. Not to mention sticks to their teeth.

Get some cheap frozen mince from supermarket if not, you can just pour it out of the bag as you need it, doesnt take long to defrost in the house.

Edited by joe14

Because i have plenty of time on my hands, I skin, gut, and bone the rabbit, the rabbit meat goes into pound bags and frozen for a fortnight, and is fed raw to the Whippet, the carcass which contains meat goes to the ferts. this is also bagged and frozen.

How do you go about boning raw rabbit Joe? I always cook the rabbit before feeding to the dogs as i wont run the risk of feeding full raw carcass.

How do you go about boning raw rabbit Joe? I always cook the rabbit before feeding to the dogs as i wont run the risk of feeding full raw carcass.

with a knive :D
  • Like 1

with a knive :D

I'd have nae fingers left :toast: