From bad to worse!!! But had a laugh in the process!!!

Well my brothers just recently back from oz and to spend some quality time together we decide to go ferreting!

He used to have a good bit permission years ago so we decide to give that a go! We leave pretty early as its a fair drive and when we chap the door the guys not to keen to let us on the ground as we have the dogs with us!( it used to be fine with the dogs)

So we head back closer to home to a bit I've done before, set about 10 nets out on a warren on a steep banking and sent the ferret in!! Within minutes we could hear the thumping!! No bolt thought so we wait and wait... Then from the corner of my eye see a rabbit hop out a hole (that's no netted!!!!!) and bolt to freedom with the dogs unable to catch on the steep banking!!!

So the ferret finder is out and showing 12ft, still showing 12ft when the ferret pops out the hole!!!! First thought was the finder is sh*te then realised thers no collar on the ferret!!!!! Gutted!! Anyway we started digging and just let the dogs have a rake. As I'm busy digging I stop when I hear my brother piss him self with laughter. When I turn round I see this... Funny as fook!!! Daft we pup!!!

Anyway when I freed the pup from the net he managed to dig out a nailed rabbit and I eventually got my collar back!!! What a day!!!!

post-71890-0-85659000-1358011937.jpg

• Like 3

i remember loosing a collar 2 1/2ftdown no spade nust my hands and a pair of wire cutters in a little hedge the bloody ruts were unreall mate took ages :huh: cracking pic of the dog in the net mind little things like that make a bad day to a goodn well done lads atb mark :thumbs:

We went out for an hour this afternoon aswell, jus bolting to the dogs, one made it the 20ft to an old fallen tree for cover, and the one we did get had no fecking ears! :laugh: what a set of balls on him though!!!

• Like 1

i remember loosing a collar 2 1/2ftdown no spade nust my hands and a pair of wire cutters in a little hedge the bloody ruts were unreall mate took ages :huh: cracking pic of the dog in the net mind little things like that make a bad day to a goodn well done lads atb mark :thumbs:

This was the first time it had happened to me hence I first blamed the finder. We only had a wee folding shovel but at least it was better than hand and wire cutters!!! Lol