your best days fishing

hi lads just want some storys on your best days fishing,mine has to be leighton res up on the dales, for the trout ,what a day i bet me and my pal had 24 each what ever we threw in it just got banged everytime , just letting the fly sink for a bit while trying to light a cig was difficult,good laugh though but i have had some poor days there aswell.atb

If abroad counts the Ebro two years ago i had 168lb cat,34lb common 36lb common.what a day,we had loads of smaller cats around 80-100lb ,with one of the group landing two commons over 40lb.,we were up near Zaragoza(wrong spelling) in 40deg heat .Great trip though.

It depends what you class as the best day, numbers of fish or just the most enjoyment? I fished for bass professionally for 15 years and had some big days. But, that was all £.s d. nothing to do with pleasure.

Some of my most memorable days have been catching a few trout from upland streams nothing worth keeping and all returned, memories that I will remember for the rest of my days. Like the day as a 12 year old I caught a 11" brownie who was as black as the ace of spades from the peat stained waters of a stream that you could jump across. Those are the days that stick out in my mind.

TC

• Like 1

Fishing off the mud ledges in the bristol channel one winters night in the worse rain and wind ever. I was close to packing up and thought I'd have one last cast. Loaded the last of the bait up and cast out about 20yards out in the wind :laugh:

Then back and sat in the car gave it 20mins and thought f**k it this is not normal. Tried to wind the rod in and it was suck. :icon_redface: After 10mins and pulling and struggling with I though was a biggest lump of seaweed in the bristol channel turned out to be a 15lb cod :boogy:

• Like 2

1st fish i ever caught, we found an old spinnin rod in my aunts house an she let us have it, me an my brother sneaked out house just as sun was going down an went an poached the river, it was high an chocolate brown, we had a few casts each an i got a bite, it was summat ill never forget, was only a wee brown trout, lucky if it was 1lb, we let it go to get bigger haha i was 9 an he was 8, we had been fishing a few times before in the canal, but this wasour 1st out without parents :D

My best trip was to a place called Inch i only just started sea fishing and was trying to bag a bass. Was fishing every tide for 2weeks and tryig all spots for the ever elussive Mr Bass. Got there at 3am for the incoming tide and its a small surf beach. Had my waders on and had my spinning rod and cast out with a Rapala lure into the surf .......3rd cast bang .....i thought it was a snag. Npe in came my first bass a nice healthy 8lb6oz. Was over the moon, only got a small flounder after that but 2 weeks hunting a bass thats my best days fishing. Not big and small numbers but very memorable.