COURSING HOW IT CHANGED

I used to be a member of two coursing clubs in the legal days, old yorkshire and rydale, in those days the emphasis was on the competition between two dogs as it had been for a couple of hundred years, a kill was not the b all end all of the game, so when you hear the term 5 out of 5 ect ect, all sport in the coursing world based on kill ratio, did the sport change so much that people lost the grassroots of the game, and did it contribute to its demise, your views please. :hmm:

seems to me that a lot of new comers to the sport of coursing are more interested in how many big rabbits their dogs can kill and how much money they can make on their pups , gone are the days when young lads went out for mooch about on a weekend morning to enjoy some sport whether you caught or not
  • Like 2

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

chart i respect your views my friend but single handed is the real test against the hare.not another dog

If it dont kill it then the quarry has out witted the dog . Therefore the dog is inferior to the quarry. We all love a good chase. But dont you think if all the dogs did was chase and not kill. We

and the strongest survive to reproduce . the way it should be