how do they get away with this!!

It's impossible to stress how important a good Brief is in these cases.

Another time, half a dozen 'keepers blocked me in at a pub car park, and accused me of coursing hares. The got the police and all six of them swore they had seen me coursing.

I was arrested and charged and duly was up in front of Blyth Magistrates. I didn't get a lawyer as I thought I would get away with it.

When I walked into the court, I saw, to my horror, that one of the three Magistrates was the land owner of the place I was supposed to have been coursing !!!!

He leaned over to the Clerk Of The Court and said "Whats the maximum penalty ?" The Clerk replied "£60" !!

I just pleaded guilty and paid the fine; that made it one to them and one to me !! LOL !!

A decent Lawyer would have had that thrown out of court, but his fees would have been considerably more !!

Cheers.

Conflict of interest there surely??

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

but why should he have to get out his bed and come across quietly just cause you decide to have a midnight stroll. Obviously he's going to be pissed off, especially if he has been losing sheep, fences

and your point is ? i dont reck the land i dont mess with stock i close gates behind me. i always apolgise if i bump into anyone but if some f****r gives my dog 2 barrels it aint going down well. if y

Im afraid i couldn't take that sign seriously. I mean look at it ffs....he has obviously missed out the word 'in' and had to put it in after and to spell be as 'B' is laughable. I'd imagine he's not g

Posted Images

Another time, half a dozen 'keepers blocked me in at a pub car park, and accused me of coursing hares. The got the police and all six of them swore they had seen me coursing.

I was arrested and charged and duly was up in front of Blyth Magistrates. I didn't get a lawyer as I thought I would get away with it.

When I walked into the court, I saw, to my horror, that one of the three Magistrates was the land owner of the place I was supposed to have been coursing !!!!

He leaned over to the Clerk Of The Court and said "Whats the maximum penalty ?" The Clerk replied "£60" !!

I just pleaded guilty and paid the fine; that made it one to them and one to me !! LOL !!

A decent Lawyer would have had that thrown out of court, but his fees would have been considerably more !!

Cheers.

Of course !! That's why a decent Brief would have had it thrown out of court !! This was 40 odd years ago, things were a bit differnt then ! LOL !

Cheers.

Cheers.

Of course !! That's why a decent Brief would have had it thrown out of court !! This was 40 odd years ago, things were a bit differnt then ! LOL !

Cheers.

Aye, better to accept the £60 than remortgage on a brief....40 years ago, wasn't £60 a lot of dosh back then? :laugh:

Cheers.

Cheers.

Aye, better to accept the £60 than remortgage on a brief....40 years ago, wasn't £60 a lot of dosh back then? :laugh:

More than my weeks wages ! :thumbs:

Cheers.

A farmer once put a gun to my mates head and to he's dogs. He said shoot me and theirs loads of witnesses here so you'll be done for murder. And shoot my dog and ill burn your barn down and kill all your sheep, he never bothered him again after that.

what's your mates name ? Clint Eastwood Fs.
  • Like 3

A farmer once put a gun to my mates head and to he's dogs. He said shoot me and theirs loads of witnesses here so you'll be done for murder. And shoot my dog and ill burn your barn down and kill all your sheep, he never bothered him again after that.

what's your mates name ? Clint Eastwood Fs.

Do you feel lucky, punk?? :gunsmilie:

How did a sign telling us what we already know make 10 pages:laugh: at the end of the day, he didn't need to make a sign, he could have just shot the dogs. If he has something to protect fair does, if not, fair game :)

I've read this thread with interest, as I've had first hand experience of having a dog shot.

Around 40 years ago, a 'keeper shot one of my dogs. It was in a field with me, no stock, no crops and not chasing anything.

The 'keeper got the hiding of his life, and my brother and I were charged with GBH and Trespass In Pursuit Of Game Or Coney !!

We retained the servces of a top Brief, (ironically a Q.C. for the RSPCA !!). He tore the 'keeper to bits during cross examination, and completely discreditted him.

We were found Not Guilty of all charges; and the 'keeper was later charged with Unlawfully Killing A Dog. He was found Guilty and fined and banned from keeping dogs; he also lost his job and his SGC and FAC.

Apart from losing a good dog, I thought we had a good result !!

Cheers.

did you keep the gun.........and check his pockets..... :hmm:

Why ??

Cheers.

just seems its the least you can do for the chap ...........

LOL !!! I thought you may have been that 'keeper for a moment then...... but if he is still alive he'll be in his 80's ! I took his gun, but went to the nearest police station and tried to get our version of events in first ! No, I didn't go thru' his pockets !! LOL !!

Cheers.

i fooking knew it............were only human.......lol.....

me a keeper :laugh: .......i got a job too look after me self ..............let alone anything else..... :laugh:

good debate good debate. And i have to say i agree with the majority. You wouldnt go in this field(its shit anyway, lol, just a cpl of well ran roe on the tree line).

I wasnt saying anything about entering the field with your dog. More the obsenity of the sign.. Especially with all the gun laws and hatred towards guns

by a lot of people...