hunting rabbits

Okay lads I've been down to my new permissions today and had a walk round just have a look and see if I can find any rabbits, so i got down to the land and there was quite a few knocking around all along the sides of the field as I walked down they ran into the hedges in all different places and all around the field (its a big field btw)

So my question is:

as the field has hedges all around and it very hilly is it best to set up an ambush uphill pointing down along side the hedge or does it not really matter whereabouts you are reason being im worried about setting up in the wrong place?

as my other permissions are no where near this big and obviously I have no experience on this new land

sorry if it sounds a silly question.

thanks chris

evening , in my view whereyou set up depends on a few things , the most important in my mind being wind direction , whenever i set a hide up i make sure that the targets are upwind from me ie the wind hits them before me that way they cant smell you , you also need to make sure you dont stray any of your boundrys , make sure your close enough for a clean kill however far away enough to challenge your abilities. and make sure your comfortable because you mite be spending a while prone. hope this helps you out and good luck .

evening , in my view whereyou set up depends on a few things , the most important in my mind being wind direction , whenever i set a hide up i make sure that the targets are upwind from me ie the wind hits them before me that way they cant smell you , you also need to make sure you dont stray any of your boundrys , make sure your close enough for a clean kill however far away enough to challenge your abilities. and make sure your comfortable because you mite be spending a while prone. hope this helps you out and good luck .

yh thats a big help thanks alot pal see how it goes when im next out :)

Another tip visit the perm a few times laying up at different points don't take your rifle just a notepad and pen note down times on activity and numbers look for shaded areas or good cover areas don't just lay by the hedge try out in the field might be some depressions. If you've got a range finder take some readings note these very usefull if you want to shoot at night.

Reason behind no rifle you won't be tempted to shoot just observe

Try lamping them if no one els has been on your perm they are more than likely not lamp shy but be carefull not to lamp them to much or they will become lamp shy and you will not get with in a mile of them and use bifferent filters on your lamp i shoot mainly at night and with good results :thumbs: give it a try atvbmac