feeding ferrets

Guest Walsher

A half slice of bread and some milk every day is what I feed it keeps them nice and thin and I Have caught 40 and 50 rabbits more than once with them :) When they kill they move on :yes: i also put an whipped up egg with some cod liver oil alot off the time....

i just reread the entire post and i reckon the only reason your ferrets are still alive is the protein from the eggs and the minimal carbs from bread and fat from milk they are just surviving. you say your not stirring but why start a topic on what we all feed our ferrets (when just the other day we were all giving advice to another member on what to feed kits) I'm sure you know that the majority of the ferreting world working and pet and not just on this site realize the benefit of feeding meat and have moved away from feeding bread and milk.

my friends granddad (was in a prisoner of war camp) and he used to say they were feed on bread and water and not one of them had a slow metabolism

in other words they were starving!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a blithering idiot you are, Walsher.

If you want thin lean ferrets then feed them right and ensure they get plenty of exercise. They won't be fat and sluggish but nor will they be malnourished twigs like your poor creatures undoubtedly are.

Every second day? :no::thumbdown:

Do you skip a day of eating and go to work on an empty stomach? Doubt it very much. Why should you inflict that upon your ferrets? What are the benefits of doing so?

Happy to say that my lot are out in their run eating fresh rabbit at this very moment and they'll have another to go through tomorrow. And the next day and the next. It'll be a cold day in hell before I even think of letting milk and bread past the doors of my court.

Everyone in your area feeds that way? Perhaps then you should show some foward thinking and be the first in your area to be rid of a bad tradition. Toss the sops and get them on a diet of raw meat. You will notice a world of difference.

What a blithering idiot you are, Walsher.

If you want thin lean ferrets then feed them right and ensure they get plenty of exercise. They won't be fat and sluggish but nor will they be malnourished twigs like your poor creatures undoubtedly are.

Every second day? :no::thumbdown:

Do you skip a day of eating and go to work on an empty stomach? Doubt it very much. Why should you inflict that upon your ferrets? What are the benefits of doing so?

Happy to say that my lot are out in their run eating fresh rabbit at this very moment and they'll have another to go through tomorrow. And the next day and the next. It'll be a cold day in hell before I even think of letting milk and bread past the doors of my court.

Everyone in your area feeds that way? Perhaps then you should show some foward thinking and be the first in your area to be rid of a bad tradition. Toss the sops and get them on a diet of raw meat. You will notice a world of difference.

Well Walsher has edited a couple of posts now making out he feeds everyday, luckly someone quoted his origonal post , so he either feels bad about feeding every other day or he made a mistake , i wonder which it it :hmm:

Guest ARTEMIS
A half slice of bread and some milk every day is what I feed it keeps them nice and thin and I Have caught 40 and 50 rabbits more than once with them :) When they kill they move on :yes: i also put an whipped up egg with some cod liver oil alot off the time....

How long do your ferrets live on average? Are thin ferrets better in some way?

I doubt half a slice of bread soaked in milk fed every other day is even enough to maintain a ferrets body weight, so my guess is his ferrets die within the year :angry::angry: , its not even enough to keep ya body & soul going is it. its pretty clearly a neglect case in my eyes, pityfull existence they live right now :censored::censored:

Guest Walsher

I doubt half a slice of bread soaked in milk fed every other day is even enough to maintain a ferrets body weight, so my guess is his ferrets die within the year :angry::angry: , its not even enough to keep ya body & soul going is it. its pretty clearly a neglect case in my eyes, pityfull existence they live right now :censored::censored:

Ferretlove SHUT UP!! As you say your guessing!! Did I not just say i have a 9 year old ferret here fed on bred and milk all his life!! And ARTEMIS you dont have a clue so you shut up too AHH FERRETLOVE has fat pet ferrets :haha::laugh:

Ferretlove SHUT UP!! As you say your guessing!! Did I not just say i have a 9 year old ferret here fed on bred and milk all his life!! And ARTEMIS you dont have a clue so you shut up too AHH FERRETLOVE has fat pet ferrets :haha::laugh:

Guys... guys... guys...

he sounds like a 14 year old winding everyone up.

In fact I would guess younger, my 8 year old son would say things like: "AHH FERRETLOVE has fat pet ferrets"

So can we just let this thread sink quickly to the bottom of the forum and add him to our ignore user list (click on his profile to do this).

That way we can get back to normal.

/Mad

What Ferretlove has is more sense in one post than you have in your entire ferret court. :thumbs:

Sorry Madcowz I had to bite. :icon_redface:

Guest bullterrier

HI WALSHER HAVE GOT ANY PICS OF THESE FINE FERRETS YOU HAVE AND IF YOU CAUGHT 50 RABBITS COULDENT YOU AT LEASE GIVE THE FERRETS 1 YOU WILL BE SAYING YOU WIRER THERE MOUTHES CLOSED NEXT SHAME ON YOU :o

It appears attack is the best form of defence in this case :laugh: all thats been pointed out to the lad is bread & milk isnt a good staple, so if he wishes to redeem himself he could at least take on board whats been posted & give his charges a better diet, i wont hold my breath though :whistling: