Saluki cross or collie cross

Good looking dogs there J Dog, this thread ain't going to plan :laugh: I love the joggers and riggers look :tongue2:

Dotty, I'd take that bottom dog off your hands

Cheers baw :laugh: can't be without me joggers and riggers :laugh: proper fashionable me :)

f*****g mackem :laugh: :laugh:

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

bit of both in this dog coursing blood x collie

The right kind of saluki cross can do anything a collie cross can do, but a collie cross can't do what a saluki can , period ! That's why the old school have graduated from the bitsas , the Hancocks d

Here you go baw     I'm a saluki cross fan myself brought up round them and just can't pull myself away from them   Jack 3/4 saluki grey 7 month   Ted 2 yrs  

Posted Images

:laugh: graham, I just couldn't be arsed having to straighten their ears...... Or worse still, f*****g shave them so they resemble a dog instead of a giant Velcro strip

proper might saluki here.... line bred..from none plodders... and it wont be plodding on fen.. and if it ever starts plodding round here ..well.....22

is that a sal x hound....... :thumbs:

aye

line salx gray

Good looking dogs there J Dog, this thread ain't going to plan :laugh: I love the joggers and riggers look :tongue2:

Cheers baw :laugh: can't be without me joggers and riggers :laugh: proper fashionable me :)

:laugh: I knew you'd say it :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh:

canny stop the truth...lool

:laugh: :laugh:

canny stop the truth...lool

:laugh: that's true Geordie boy :laugh:

:thumbs:

• Like 1

Saluki greys take rabbits by the abbundance. They take down decent size deer, they take foxes, as do collie grey. Yes they will catch the best of hares on big land, some collie crosses might not if at all, as some saluki x, but not in numbers like a saluki hybrid. Like you said. So unless your after hares, its preference. Every saluki hybrid is different as is a collie grey. But dont get thinking a saluki hasnt got brains, its the most cunning killer off all. i would imagine a collie cross grey easier to train, prob more obedient. Prob depends on how much percentage of collie as well. More collie, less speed. Im not slagging either breed, both great dogs for what they bred for. Ive got saluki hybids so you can say im byest if you like. But i know what they can do.

Edited by mr lurcherman

For me it has to be the saluki x

The right kind of saluki cross can do anything a collie cross can do, but a collie cross can't do what a saluki can , period ! That's why the old school have graduated from the bitsas , the Hancocks dogs and exotic crosses and for the last twenty odd years been running saluki bred dogs because they are the best ! No other cross have their ability only the inexperienced think otherwise !!
  • Like 3

Inexperienced :laugh: speaks the man who has to go out hunting in a crew bus for his entourage and dogs...... You speak of salukis and mention 20 years, how old are you if you don't mind me asking? As for the saluki being able to do more than the collie cross, that's the most stupid statement I've read on here, well done :)

Seriously dotty, I just don't get the big deal with the coursing bred saluki. It's f*****g useless anywhere apart from the fens. And the way the fen guys go on about everyone's dogs saying, aye your cabbage park dog wouldn't cut it on the fens..... No it probably wouldn't buy so f*****g what!!! I'd rather have a dog that can kill on 99% of this country than one that can only kill on 1%

not every bit of scotlands tight rashy parks .. theirs enogh decent size land wer u could still blow a colliex up. i hunt all over scotland and me old saluki bull greyhound was a better all rounder than any colliex ive ever seen

Edited by johnnie cope

Listen mate, I know Scotland has large land, I've seen salukis getting carried off such land so it isn't just collies that blow up. Glad to hear your dog was one of the best allrounders you've seen. It could work two ways that statement, either it was a class dog or you've seen fuckall, which we shall never know but I respect your judgement.