A few pics of yesterdays hunt

nice pictures, do you give them best in those situations?

Not if its a coyote, unless we cant get it out, we give foxes best, theres just not enough of them around to warrant killing them for no reason, the coyotes tend to either kill or run the foxes out good territory, so its nice to hunt them, if hounds catch one, well then thats just the way it is but i wouldnt bolt or dig one out just for my own self gratification, the coyotes are a different kettle of fish, i will catch and kill them by any legal means, they are a dangerous preditors that will take small dogs to medium sized dogs as well as sheep young catttle etc

• Like 2

nice pictures, do you give them best in those situations?

Not if its a coyote, unless we cant get it out, we give foxes best, theres just not enough of them around to warrant killing them for no reason, the coyotes tend to either kill or run the foxes out good territory, so its nice to hunt them, if hounds catch one, well then thats just the way it is but i wouldnt bolt or dig one out just for my own self gratification, the coyotes are a different kettle of fish, i will catch and kill them by any legal means, they are a dangerous preditors that will take small dogs to medium sized dogs as well as sheep young catttle etc

i suppose you'd need a helluva big terrier to get one from a drain !!

I can just imagine you sending your whip in to bolt it, lol, top job again fella

the thing with that is my Mrs is me Whipper-in, i can just see that, " hey love just get ya kit off and slip in there and drag that coyote out would yer " im pretty sure i can tell you the reponce,and it ends in off :)

• Like 3

i have to shake my head with envy :laugh: . great to hear how your getting on. those hounds look in great shape. i bet you get a fair variety of flesh out there. thanks for the write up :thumbs:

Thanks for your kind words about the hounds, there not the prettiest bunch in Canada but the buggers can hunt :)

as for flesh i dont really feed flesh as most of the country is arable, i feed the hounds primarily on tripe from a local saughterhouse and mink feed, which i get froM a place just north of here, its just ground down minced chicken wings and luncheon meats like roast beef and turkey, they chunk it up and freeze it in 50lbs blocks, it works good for the hounds as well and its like the budgie, it cheap :D works out about 14cents a pounds so in real money about 7 pence a pound