Fenn the Spanish way

Guest Scuba1

Guest Scuba1

Have a look at the Canarian version of a rabbit trap. The Fenn MK VI is there for scale. Found this at my neighbours place.He made it and is proud as punch about his top end bunny exterminator. :cry: :cry: :hmm: :hmm:

Spanish engineering at its best :toast: :toast:

post-6330-1183300210_thumb.jpg

Guest little_lloyd
Have to agree with jb those nails look vile :thumbdown:

Not to me they don't :thumbs:

OTC

Well i always welcome others views :yes: So lets here why you like these nails?

Guest Scuba1

Ok folks there are now a lot of traps on the marked in the world and some are better then others . I for one do not like that kind of trap, but it will do its job none the less. If a rabbit takes the tomato , that is the usual bait on these kind of traps, the head is on the " pan " when the trap springs , it will ave a nail driven through its brain .... a bit like being shot with a .177 air rifle in a way so its not all bad in a way when all you have, is a nail gun every problem looks like a messiah........ get my drift ??¿?¿

ATB

Michael

Guest little_lloyd
Think about it LL :hmm: - what do I collect?

OTC

Ahh i know you collect traps :yes: i was looking on more of the trap its self and how it works if you get me?

Edited by little_lloyd
I don't mind the spring so much, provided it's powerfull enough, but as for the nails in the board words fail me....... :no::no:

But...

if they help to dispatch the quarry faster and more humanely then why not?

/Mad

I don't mind the spring so much, provided it's powerfull enough, but as for the nails in the board words fail me....... :no::no:

But...

if they help to dispatch the quarry faster and more humanely then why not?

/Mad

true - they just didn't look long enough for that. What are they 20mm ? I don't see that going upwards through a rabbits head and penetrating the brain - a rat maybe but an adult rabbit ?

To me they look just long enough to hold the quarry to stop it pulling away and make up for a weak spring.

And what about the position ? I can't quite figure where the trigger point is, but it looks like the spring would strike behind the head - putting those nails somewhere round the neck / chest area.

I may well be wrong though ...

Have a look at the Canarian version of a rabbit trap. The Fenn MK VI is there for scale. Found this at my neighbours place.He made it and is proud as punch about his top end bunny exterminator. :cry: :cry: :hmm: :hmm:

it looks like a heap of home made crap to me ,

it looks like a heap of home made crap to me ,

:laugh::laugh: @ 'micky'.... :D